10 Oct 2016
UNICEF Job in Nigeria for a TA Education Specialist
UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
UNICEF is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: TA Education Specialist (Education in Emergencies), P-3
Job Number: 499584
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
Duration: 6 Months
Purpose of the Position
- The purpose of the position is to provide technical and programme support to UNICEF education in emergencies activities in Borno and Yobe as part of UNICEF's scale up under the L3 including coordination, oversight and development of Strategies, Action Plans and other relevant and required documents, provide technical expertise in support of achieving results, working with the education team in Borno Field Office and other sections.
Knowledge Management for Programmes:
- Contribute to country programmes by supporting knowledge management on Education in Emergencies (EiE) through providing professional assistance in data collection and analysis, complete and accurate reporting as well as participation in the Programme Knowledge Network system of "lessons learned" and other corporate-level databases.
- Provide professional technical assistance on EiE in the preparation of the Analysis for programme development and management by collecting and analyzing data and monitoring implementation progress.
- Propose adjustments/changes in work plans. Propose program recommendations for inclusion in formal programme documentation, and new approaches, methods and practices for supervisor.
- Contribute to the identification of critical intervention points and measures by administering a consistent and transparent monitoring system; analyse country level socio-political-economic trends and their implications for ongoing programmes and projects. Draft or prepare programme work plans as required.
- Undertakes field visits to monitor and assess programme implementation and decides on required corrective action.
- Provide government authorities with technical assistance and supports in planning and organizing training programmes for the purpose of capacity building and programme sustainability.
- Promote and maintain the building and reinforcing of the commitment and institutional capacities of the national and local partners by identifying these partners and partnerships and providing continuous supports, coordination and collaboration for sustainability.
- Analyze programme related issues and policies from a children's and women's rights perspective and advocacy at the community and family levels for elevating credibility in national policy debates.
- Promote the organization goals of UNICEF through active advocacy and communication.
- Facilitate partnership and collaboration with internal and external counterparts, including those of the UN and national partners, in order to improve the ability to collect and disseminate data and information, exchange information on programme/project status and implementation and movement/distribution of supplies.
- Provide professional support in provision of technical advice, negotiation, advocacy and promotion of area/country level goals, leading to agreement on practicable and priority actions to be supported by UNICEF programme.
- Advanced university degree in Education or a related technical field
- First university degree with additional two-years of relevant work experience is acceptable in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- At least 5 years of extensive experience and demonstrated ability in Project Management and overseas experience and education in emergencies
- Competent in design and broad understanding of education in emergencies and schools under attack
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, to varied audiences,
- Able to work effectively in a multi-cultural and sets high standards for quality of work and consistently achieves project goals.
- Proven ability to work in harsh condition
- Experience working in the UN or other international development organization an asset.
- Excellent management and communication skills
- Extensive knowledge and skills of equity based planning, programming and applications
- High analytical skills using diverse and complex quantitative and qualitative information from a wide range of sources,
- Demonstrates, applies and shares technical knowledge to government partners and national officials.
- Fluency in English language and writing skills
- Diversity and inclusion
- Communication (II)
- Working with people (II)
- Drive for results (II)
- Leading and supervising (I)
- Deciding and Initiating action (I)
- Applying technical expertise (II)
- Formulating strategies and concepts (II)
- Analyzing (II)
- Relating and networking (II)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The successful candidate for this emergency recruitment MUST be available to commence work within 31 days of receiving an offer.
- Please note that Maiduguri is a non-family duty station.
- Employment is conditional upon receipt of medical clearance, any clearance required, the grant of a visa, and completion of any other pre-employment criteria that UNICEF may establish.
- Candidates may not be further considered or offers of employment may be withdrawn if these conditions are unlikely to be met before the date for commencement of service.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.