Job Title: University Librarian
- The University Librarian, a Principal Officer of the University,
shall be responsible to the Vice- Chancellor for the good management of
the university Library and the other library services in the
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates for the post of the University Librarian must possess
a good honours degree with a minimum of second class, Masters and PhD
in Library Science, Library and Information Science or related field
from a recognized university.
- The candidate must demonstrate academic excellence in quality
publications, teaching and research, and credible community service.
- He/she must be computer literate and show evidence of
considerable scholarship and understanding of the application of new
technologies to library operations and services.
- The person must have at least 15 years post-qualification
experience in reputable University library, comparable institutions or
- He/she must be a person with leadership qualities, high
integrity and unquestionable character and an outstanding manager of men
Job Title: Bursar
- The Bursar is a Principal Officer, and in accordance with the
University Act, the Chief Financial Officer of the University. He is
responsible to the Vice-Chancellor for the day-to-day good management,
control of financial affairs and the provision of accounting services
for the University.
- Applicants for this position must be of impeccable integrity and
transparency, professional distinction, and must command respect and
engender loyalty of staff and students of the University.
Qualification and Experience
- Candidates must possess a minimum of second class honours degree
in Accountancy from a recognized university plus full professional
qualification such as ACA, ACCA, ACMA, CPA, ICAN or ANAN with 15 years
cognate working experience preferably in a University or similar
- Possession of a relevant higher degree will be an added advantage.
- The candidate must be computer literate and must have served in capacity not below the rank of Deputy Bursar.
- Applicants should not be over 60 years and must not be more than 65 years at completion of tenure.
Salaries and Conditions of Service
Appointment is made for fixed period of 5 years only. The salary is as
approved for Bursar and University Librarian in Nigerian federal
universities as may be determined from time to time by Government
How to Apply
Interested candidates should forward their applications and 20 copies of
their current Curriculum Vitae signed by themselves giving the
- Full names, current postal address, permanent home address;
- Place and Date of Birth
- State of Origin
- Marital Status
- Number and Ages of Children
- Educational Institutions attended with dates
- Qualifications obtained with dates
- Details of previous and current appointments with dates
- Academic and professional qualifications including distinctions and dates
- Statement of experience including full details of former and present posts and employers;
- List of publications stating Journals/Books in which they were published (if any)
- Other activities outsides current employment
- Names and addresses of three (3) Referees, one (1) of whom must be from the candidates present employer
- Proposed date of availability for duty if appointed
The Enveloped should be marked “Application for the Post of University Librarian” (as the case may be), to be addressed to:
Modibbo Adama University of Technology,
P.M.B. 2076, Yola,
Please copy to: email@example.com
Candidates should please request their referees to forward reports
attesting to their character, Integrity and capability for the post, in a
sealed envelope and marked “Confidential”.
Note: Only the applications of shortlisted candidates will be acknowledged
Application Deadline 12th December, 2016.