19 Oct 2016
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization Jobs for Graduate Volunteer Communications Officers
(LOPIN)” Project for Anambra, Imo, Akwa Ibom and Rivers States.
Are you first or second class upper division graduate and unemployed? Are you creative and have a flair for communication work in development sector? This is the role for you!
As a volunteer you will be working closely with the Gender and Communications Specialist and New Business Associate and essential team members of the Organisation.
Widows and Orphans Empowerment Organization is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Volunteer Communications Officer
Location: Lokogoma, FCT Abuja
- Identifying and effectively communicating project success by developing success stories, case studies, short documentaries
- Desktop design and layout of technical documents in compliance with donor branding and marking requirements,
- Coordinate Outreach and events with experience in developing press release, media coverage, press fact sheets, developing scene setters, liaise with US Embassy public affairs units and manage print, radio and TV media relation journalists and website information management
- Organize external senior management meetings, coordinate and manage protocol for high delegation meetings and manage press for public interviews for WEWE LOPIN management
- Coordinate staff meeting, prepare agendas and takes minutes of meetings as required.
- Update and maintain WEWE website, social media platform and blog
- Engage with mainstream media (electronic and print) to increase WEWE visibility and promote project impact
- Edit technical and scientific documents and articles (proofreading, copy and line editing and substantive editing)
- A minimum of a university degree or its equivalent with First or Second Class Upper Division (2.1) in English, Linguistics, mass communication, journalism, or any social science related fields.
- Experience in Media Production (including audio and video documentary – Adobe Media Suite), Social Media Campaigns (Facebook, Twitter, Youtube, LinkedIn), Website Design and Content Management (Joomla, WordPress, Professional Photography with ability to use graphics
- Extremely strong in writing and oral English language with particular skill strong scientific and research writing skills
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an emphasis on creative approaches, attention to detail and efficient delivery methods.
- Extremely strong computer skills, with knowledge of relevant publishing software such as but not limited to Microsoft Office Suite (Ms. Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint), Desktop Publishing (Adobe Creative Suite – Photoshop, PDF, illustrator, InDesign – CorelDraw,
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their comprehensive CV and cover letter in ONLY one attachment (MS word document) explaining suitability for the job to: firstname.lastname@example.org Kindly indicate the title of the position applied for and the location in the subject line of the email.
- All applicants are advised to include functional emails/mobile phone number as well as full contact information for at least three referees on CV.
- WEWE’s recruitment process for this position will be on a rolling basis
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.