6 Nov 2016
360 Degree Habitat Limited Job for a Senior Urban Planner
Job Title: Senior Urban Planner
- Candidate will act as a Project Planner
The responsibilities/accountabilities of this role include demonstrating confidence, experience and keenness to lead in the following areas of delivery:
- Master planning: carrying out independent site visits to do analysis of sites/ developments, development of high level conceptual options, location and layout of master planning land uses, identifying population and knowledge of current trends and technologies in planning and integrating inputs and outputs with the environmental, infrastructure and transportation planners.
- Urban design: writing and illustrating urban design and concept architecture concepts, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop urban design and landscape guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Architecture: writing and illustrating concepts around different types of architecture, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop project briefs, strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same
- Landscape design: writing and illustrating landscape design and placemaking concepts, explanation and analysis of a projects requirements to develop strategies and guidelines, bench marking studies for comparable developments, development of presentations and reports to explain the same.
- Meeting and establishing relationships with local authorities
- Overall responsibility of the planning function on the project
- Co-ordinating programmes for the work
- Monitoring the planning and project controlling works for conformance with project procedures.
- Communication of programme information to team and stakeholders
- Presentation and negotiations of programme entitlement for additional works
- Working with the Construction Manager to ensure the construction programme is fit for purpose
- Leadership: Leading (project managing) design projects for both internal and external clients. Leading, taking records at progress meetings, presentations and workshops.
- Business development: Seeking opportunities for further work with clients including identification of opportunities, writing proposals, pricing and determination of resources.
- Responding to ad hoc client and stakeholder requests: Quick turnaround for short planning, urban design exercises.
- Relevant Bachelor's degree in Architecture, and or Urban Design with a Master's in Urban Design, Planning, Landscape Architecture an advantage.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant post graduate experience in Planning within the construction industry, in architecture or site planning with consultancy or a private developer.
- Previous highways planning experience – a plus
- Experience of using P6 and MS Office is essential
- Previous experience of managing / mentoring planning teams
- Heavy civil engineering background - qualifications or site experience
- Strong communication skills
- Strong background of working on highway or major infrastructure construction projects
- Sound knowledge of best practices and demonstration of use of innovative techniques in urban design, urban planning and sustainable development.
- Excellent hand drawing skills.
- Both tender & live works planning experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications via mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.