Accion Microfinance Bank is an innovator in financial access, pioneering many of the best
practices and emerging standards in the industry. It provides a full
range of management services, technical assistance and training, as well
as investment and governance support to help financial institutions
build institutional capacity and financial strength in order to serve
low-income households on a broad scale. Over the past 50 years, Accion
has helped to build and strengthen some of the most successful
microfinance institutions (MFIs) in the world.
Job Title: Senior General Manager
to the Managing Director, the successful candidate will support the MD
and will have overall responsibility for the formulation and execution
of the company’s strategy for the consumer and commercial banking market
segment in line with the business objectives agreed by the Board.
- Lead the identification of target market segments and develop strategies for growth.
- Provide strategic input and direction for the development of performance targets, including on-going monitoring to ensure achievement of set targets.
- Build the organizational structures and business teams to maximize productivity and performance.
- Ensure business compliance with company’s policies, procedures and corporate governance expectations.
- Participate in projects geared towards new products/ service development and or product / service enhancement by giving appropriate guidance on required checks, controls, processes and procedures in line with leading practices within the sector.
- Supervise assigned division/departments to achieve efficient, productive and profitable portfolio growth in line with corporate strategy.
- Facilitate and present periodic business performance review reports to the Board.
- Participate in other Executive Management Committees and other related tasks.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in Economics, Business Administration, Accountancy, etc. or related field.
- A post-graduate degree or its equivalent in any discipline is required.
- Relevant professional qualifications/affiliations.
- A minimum of 15 – 20 years diverse experience (i.e. banking, insurance, microfinance, etc.) as well as experience in multi-functional roles within the industry.
- Minimum of 10 years senior management experience within the financial services industry.
- Prior microfinance experience is desirable, particularly within a microfinance bank from an international network.
- Attendance at relevant development programs such as those listed below would be an added advantage:
- Boulder Institute of Microfinance Training
- Harvard Business School-Accion Program on Strategic Leadership in Inclusive Finance
- School of African Microfinance
- Prior board-level experience/ experience reporting to a board/ board committee.
- Strong communication skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Knowledge and understanding of the Nigerian financial services market.
- Prior experience leading functions such as:
- Banking Operations
- Finance/Risk Management
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Good product development and portfolio management capabilities.
- Excellent customer relationship development/management skills.
- Knowledge and understanding of commercial financial products.
to think strategically and holistically and to appreciate the systemic
impact of various policies, issues and solutions.
- Must have a high sense of responsibility, accountability, integrity and ethical standards.
have strong business acumen, maturity and tact, including the ability
to relate with highest levels of management of financial institutions
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply