The Place – We are a fast growing, world class, and dynamic,
multi-billion Nigerian conglomerates, established and managed by a team
of professionals with decades of management consulting and accounting
experience/ training from Arthur Andersen (now KPMG in Nigeria).
presently into restaurants, hotel, and nightclubbing. We are opening new
outlets in Lagos and looking for high-flying individual who shares the
values of hard work, commitment and integrity and places high premium on
personal development and career growth.
The Place is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Account Supervisor
The senior accountant will take ownership of reporting costs,
productivity, margins and expenditures for companies and organizations,
utilizing his/her hands-on accounting experience and an in-depth
understanding of accounting principles and practices to carry out some
of the following duties:
- Prepares and records asset, liability, revenue, and expenses
entries by compiling and analyzing complex account information, giving
an error free report and recommendations on status of reserves, assets
and expenditures based on analysis.
- Performing variance analyses and preparing account reconciliations
- Completes external audit by analyzing and scheduling general ledger accounts; providing information for auditors.
- Avoids legal challenges by complying with legal requirements.
- Secures financial information by completing database backups.
- Protects organization’s value by keeping information confidential.
- Documenting and monitoring internal controls in support of auditing team
- Coordinating more complex accounting projects and initiatives
with other members of the accounting and finance team or with other
departments such as procurement and operations.
- Maintains and balances all branches accounts by verifying,
allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- Maintains general ledger by transferring subsidiary accounts; preparing a trial balance; reconciling entries.
- Summarizes financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss, and other account statements.
- In conjunction with junior accountants and finance managers,
serves to enact, enforce and monitor compliance with company-wide
accounting policies and procedures
- A degree in Accounting or equivalent from an accredited university.
- Proven ability to work both independently and collaboratively with different levels of employees
- Superior analytical and problem-solving skills
- Good knowledge of accounting software and programs
- Ability to swiftly grasp company financial policies and protocols
- Minimum of Five years progressively responsible experience.
- Must be a chartered accountant
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to meet a constant stream of deadlines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Candidates who do not meet the above criteria need not apply.