Adam Smith International is an award-winning professional services
business that delivers real impact, value and lasting change through
projects supporting economic growth and government reform
internationally. Our reputation as a global leader has been built on the
positive results our projects have achieved in many of the world’s
most challenging environments.
ASI’s regional office for West Africa is Abuja, Nigeria. Eighteen ASI
Managers, 70 other staff, over 300 Associates and 350 field workers
operate in Nigeria where we deliver projects for DFID, UK Home Office,
EU and World Bank. The West Africa team has a large project portfolio
and it is growing quickly, with two new projects added within the last
two months and an interesting pipeline of new opportunities.
Adam Smith International is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Manager, West Africa Team
Tracking Code: 113-140
Position Type: Full-Time/Regular
About the Role
- The position is based Abuja within the Adam Smith International West Africa Team.
- Senior Managers play a fundamental role in our operating model,
managing the technical and financial performance of projects, as well
as leading business development. This involves developing a clear
strategy to consolidate and develop our growing team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Contribute to strategy development.
- Build relationships with clients and counterparts in pursuit of project delivery and business development opportunities.
- Line manager to members of the West Africa team.
- Develop an engaged and motivated team that is set-up to deliver against Adam Smith International Nigeria’s corporate objectives.
- Play a leading role in establishing internal and external
corporate initiatives for Adam Smith International (e.g. training
initiatives and marketing initiatives).
- Ensure Adam Smith International Nigeria is a compliant organisation and that risks are identified and managed.
- Secure new work in West Africa and help to grow Adam Smith International’s business.
- Take a leading role in managing bids.
- Deliver optimal value for money for our clients.
- Deliver quality projects that achieve targets and achieve a high level of client satisfaction.
- Project Director for selected projects. Senior contact person
for clients and accountability for technical and operational delivery.
- Outstanding written English and good communication skills;
- Good budget, finance and forecasting skills;
- Open-minded, flexible approach to problem-solving;
- Resilient to changing circumstances and challenges;
- Achievement oriented;
- High level of emotional intelligence in the following areas: self-awareness, social awareness and self-management;
- Proactive, self-starter, resourceful;
- Post-graduate degree in a related field;
- Demonstrated experience of using initiative, client-orientation,
risk taking, and working in complex and time-pressured contexts;
- Experience directing or managing project teams, consultants and other stakeholders;
- Willing to travel.
- Experience leading business development initiatives, or tendering new opportunities working for a development agency;
- Experience working in developing/conflict-affected environments;
What We Offer You
- We offer you a dynamic and friendly team environment and the
opportunity to work on a highly successful portfolio of programmes. We
have a strong commitment to our people and strive to live by our
- Promote Quality (Excellence). We maintain and promote professional standards in everything we do.
- Commit to the Outcome (Achievement). We take pride in delivering our best to achieve results.
- We’ve built a culture to reflect our principles, full of
likeminded professionals who are smart, passionate and great at what
- We offer a highly competitive salary, plus a bonus and excellent benefits and expat package.
- Take responsibility (Accountability). We are individually and collectively accountable for what we do.
- Always find a way (Resourcefulness). We think innovatively to reach a solution.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply