British American Tobacco plc (informally BAT) is a British multinational tobacco company headquartered in London, United Kingdom. It is one of the world’s five largest tobacco companies.
BAT has a market-leading position in over 50 countries and operations in around 180 countries.
Its four largest-selling brands are Dunhill, Lucky Strike, Kent and Pall Mall, with others including Kool, Benson & Hedges and Rothmans.
BAT has a primary listing on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index. As at 6 July 2012 it had a market capitalisation of £65.6 billion, the sixth-largest of any company listed on the London Stock Exchange. It has a secondary listing on the Johannesburg Stock Exchange.
Job Title: Executive Assistant & Area Records Management Coordinator
Job number 13410BR Job purpose and key deliverables
comprehensive and proactive support to the Legal & External Affairs
Director on a wide range of complex tactical and administrative tasks
whilst prioritising and taking personal responsibility for all
activities in order to enhance effectiveness. This role will also be
responsible for executing defined work projects of moderate complexity.
ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented and
maintained at all times in the Nigeria Area. Training and education
including induction of employees at all levels within the organisation
on the RMP principles, policies and procedures.
Executive Assistant Key Accountabilities
- Manage the work schedule (calendars, visits and
work plans) for the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs to ensure
optimal use of time and resources
- Develop and implement reports, memos and other analysis and
communication materials for internal and external use using the
Microsoft office suite (Word, Excel & PowerPoint)
- Co-ordinate meetings and engagements for the West Africa Area
Leadership Team Provide an effective and efficient administrative
service to a high level of competency
- Responsible for organising extensive global travel arrangements for
the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs and other Regional visitors-
transportation, hotels and visas in place.
- Perform routine transactions such as cash advance, expense statements and retirements as required
- Using electronic calendars the jobholder will be responsible for the
maintenance of diaries, reviewing and responding to electronic mail for
the Area Head of Legal and External Affairs as required.
- Prepare complex presentations and briefings in English.
- Organises conferences (local and global), workshops and team-build events with professionalism
- Effectively interface with the Executive Assistants of the West Africa Area Leadership Team to achieve targets
- Effective relationship with and Role Model to Executive Assistants within BAT and in other companies
- Develop self through training, learning and development opportunities
- Identify areas for improvement and execute improvement plans as required
Area Records Management Coordinator Key Accountabilities
- To ensure that the Records Management Programme (RMP) is implemented
and maintained always in the Nigeria Area. Training and education
including induction of employees at all levels within the organisation
on the RMP principles, policies and procedures
- Dimension Detail Quantity
- Staff Indirectly managing Records Management Functional coordinators in the Nigeria Area 30
KCC Reports, Audit spot checks and Compliance
- Conduct spot checks to ensure compliance of the RM policy is maintained.
- Implement the audit KCC RMP Action points in the Nigeria Area and prepare the RAC report on a quarterly basis.
- Responsible for distribution and collection of compliance statements
from functions to be signed by the HOF and ensure all original
compliance statements are sent to the Legal Counsel, Compliance.
- Main custodian of the review team meeting minutes i.e Legal, Audit and Tax review team for audit purposes.
- Create set up and manage RM storage facilities in the Nigeria Area
sites and ensure Records Management Storage Database in the depositories
are in line with the BAT global storage policy standards.
- Ensure the Nigeria Area Records comply with the legal requirements
on taxation, employee health and benefits, financial records, legal
contracts, etc. in force in the Nigeria Area
Training and Review Meetings and Manage Schedules, Control lists, etc
- Assist the Legal Counsel and Records Management Coordinators in implementing the RMP
- Ensure Training and advice is provided to Nigeria Area office
employees at all levels within the organization with regards to RMP and
introduce RM induction programme to new recruits
- Assist the Records Management Coordinators in producing the Nigeria Area office schedules and training
- Develop new material to promote a better understanding of the RMP
for all staff within the Nigeria Area offices and update the RM Material
including the Manual and Handbook. Ensuring that the Control List and
RM Procedures are up to date and communicated.
- Ensure the Nigeria Area offices Retention Schedules are maintained
to ensure Functional Compliance in accordance with the Group policy on
Relationship with Records Management Coordinators, Review Teams, etc
- Develop good working relationship across the Nigeria Area with all
the Records Management Coordinators and Legal Counsel in order to
promote Records Management principles, policies and procedures
- Work very closely with the Records Management Review team comprising
of Legal, Audit and Tax to ensure records are dealt with in accordance
with RM policy guidelines.
- Act as the link between the Nigeria Area offices.
Records Management Projects
- Execute recommended projects in Nigeria Area offices sites to align
the Area with Global BAT Policy e.g. archiving systems and databases,
Project Armour (Electronic RM system which will soon be introduced to
the Nigeria Area) and act as a focal point for RM in Nigeria Area
Essential Skills & Education
- Solid secretarial and administrative skills, including excellent verbal and written communication
- Self-starter, keen and confident to use own initiative
- Proactive “can do” work ethic – flexible approach to working
- Firm foundation of interpersonal skills – mature, responsible, assertive attitude
- Excellent organisation skills
- Ability to establish priorities, maintain confidentiality and work under pressure
- Good numeric skills to work with financial systems and resolve queries
- Applicants must possess very good working knowledge of Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- The job also demands a person with excellent interpersonal &
communication skills and a flair for preparing complex reports in
PowerPoint, word and excel.
- Work experience in a similar role in a leading corporate organisation would be an added advantage.
- BSc/BA Degree
ii. Area Records Management Coordinator
Functional Success Criteria
Success Criterion Level Description
Understanding and ability to apply Records Management Policies and Principles
Corp Law/Secretarial Practice
Demonstrates a good general knowledge of corporate law in the relevant market.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Ability to communicate effectively and persuasively at all levels within the organisation
- High level of literacy and attention to detail
- Close working relationship with employees in particular the Legal
department, Records Management Coordinators and Functional Heads
- In-depth knowledge of the Nigeria Area offices organisation and management structures
- Strong IT skills
- Strong people management skills – able to influence people and conduct training session either one-on-one or group
- Project Management skills
The job holder must be able to work independently and have an
in-depth knowledge and understanding of both the practical and theory of
the EEMEA Records Management Programme. The job holder will be
responsible for maintaining all Nigeria Area Offices Retention Schedules
and will undertake the training of the Nigeria Area offices employees
to ensure that employees are aware of and comply with the RMP policies.
Also assist the Records Management coordinators in carrying out Group RM
Training Programmes and spot checking of the Nigeria Area offices.
role of the Records Management Coordinator is demanding, and needs a
pro-active person who will be able to deal with the challenging and
rapidly changing business environment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply