30 Nov 2016
African Reinsurance Corporation Vacancy for an Assistant Underwriting Officer (Life)
network of regional and local offices in Lagos (Nigeria), Casablanca (Morocco), Nairobi (Kenya), Abidjan (Cote d’Ivoire), Ebene (Mauritius), Cairo (Egypt) and Addis Ababa (Ethiopia) as well as two subsidiaries: Africa Re (South Africa) Ltd in Johannesburg and Africa Retakaful Ltd in Cairo (Egypt). The Corporation shareholding is split between African (75%) and Non-African (25%) investors. African shareholding comprises 41 African states, the AfDB and more than 100 African insurance/reinsurance companies from the 41 member countries.
African Reinsurance Corporation is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Assistant Underwriting Officer (Life)
Job Type: Full Time
- Providing necessary technical support to the Life Underwriting Unit (West Africa) in ensuring the effective performance of the Unit.
- Assist the Life Underwriting Unit in coordinating activities of the Unit.
- Manage Policy cessions in the Life Administration System.
- Assist the Life Underwriter in the assessment of medical reports from cedants up to a certain limit of sum assured.
- Recording, verifying and processing statements received from cedants including premium closings, quarterly accounts, excess of loss premiums, etc.
- Preparing renewal notices for facultative businesses and forwarding same to cedants upon approval of the Life Underwriter
- Preparing monthly statistics on request by the Underwriter and/or the Regional Director
- Manage Life Reinsurance Contract details in the Reinsurance System.
- Assist the Life Underwriting Unit in marketing activities and client relationship.
- Renewal of contracts in the RMS
- Data processing and management in the Life Reassurance Administration System
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Life Underwriter or management.
- Good skill in business software tools: Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Basic Knowledge of Life Assurance.
- Good command of both written and spoken English.
- Proficiency in French language shall be an added advantage.
- Excellent IT skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook) are required;
- Good knowledge of reinsurance and retrocession.
- Good supervision and reporting skills
- Knowledge of Health Insurance Laws and Regulations
- Adequate knowledge of some actuarial concepts such as the present values of a series of payments, compound interest and amortization schedule.
- First University degree in relevant fields plus 3 years post qualification relevant qualitative work-related experience with emphasis in a relevant discipline preferably in Insurance/Reinsurance.
- Relevant work experience in a Reinsurance Company or Reinsurance and/or Reinsurance Department of an Insurance Company is an added advantage.
- Nationals of member States of Africa Re;
- Not more than 28 years old.
- Fluent in English Language. However, a basic knowledge of French language would be an added advantage;
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS2
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Medical cover for staff and recognized dependents;
- Housing Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th December, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.