The Management of Ahmadu Bello Teaching Hospital, Zaria invites
applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill
the vacant position of:
Job Title: Director of Administration
- The Director of Administration shall be responsible to the Chief
Medical Director for day-today general administration of the Hospital.
- He shall be the Chief Administrative adviser to the Chief Medical Director and Secretary to the Board of Management.
In addition, the Director of Administration shall:
- Take charge of the department responsible for administration;
- Coordinating the activities of support departments in the Hospital;
- Conduct the correspondence of the Board and keep the records of the Hospital;
- Participating in formulation execution and review of policies as directed by the Chief Medical Director and/or the Board:
- Perform such other functions as the Board or the Chief Medical Director may from time to time assign to him/her.
- Candidates must possess a good first degree in either
Hospital/Health Services Management or the Humanities or Social Sciences
from a recognized University or its equivalent.
- A postgraduate degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Fellow or Associate of the Institute of Health Service
Administrators of Nigeria (IHSAN) or any other relevant professional
certificate is an added advantage.
- Working experience in a hospital is an added advantage.
- Candidates must have not less than twenty (20) years of post-qualification experience
- Possession of Master’s Degree or any other relevant higher degrees would be an added advantage.
Salary and Conditions of Service
- Salary and conditions of service shall be in accordance with the Public Service salary structure for this category of officers
The Director of Administration shall hold office effective from the date
of appointment inclusive of any period previously served as a Director
in any other organization in the Public Service, provided the officer
does not attain the mandatory retirement age of Sixty (60) years or
thirty-five (35) years of service (whichever comes first) and on such
terms and conditions as may he specified in the letter of appointment.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward fifteen (15) copies
of their application accompanied with photocopies of their credentials
and their Curriculum Vitae highlighting the following:
- Full Name
- Place and date of birth
- Home address Contact address
- Marital status
- Number and ages of children (if any)
- Institutions attended with dates
- Academic qualifications obtained with dates
- Working experience
- Present employment indicating present status and salary
- Extra-curricular activities
- Referees (3)
The application and attachment should be in a sealed envelope marked
‘Application for the Post of Director of Administration’ at the top left
hand corner of the envelope and addressed to:
The Chief Medical Director,
Ahmadu Bello University Teaching Hospital,
P.M.B. 06, Shika – Zaria,
The Curriculum Vitae must include the names and addresses of three (3)
referees one of whom must be within the rank of Directorate cadre.
Recommendation letters from the referees should be sent directly to the
above address by the referee.
Application Deadline 22nd December, 2016.