Andela is developing a corps of high-quality technology talent across
the African continent that will drive the current and future phases
of tech-enabled growth around the world. With the fastest growing
population and highest youth population in the world, we believe
Africa is one of the greatest untapped markets for talent
Andela extends engineering teams with world-class software developers.
We recruit the most talented developers on the African continent,
shape them into technical leaders, and place them as full-time
distributed team members with companies that range from Microsoft and
IBM to dozens of high-growth startups. Backed by Chan Zuckerberg
Initiative, GV (Google Ventures) and Spark Capital, Andela is
building the next generation of global technology leaders. Passion,
excellence, entrepreneurial spirit, and rejecting the status quo
are just a few of the things that Andela team members have in
Andela is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Andela Nigeria Fellowship Cycle XVIII
The Andela Fellowship
- The Andela Fellowship is a four-year paid technical leadership
program designed to shape you into an exceptional software engineer. The
program requires that you dedicate yourself to the broader Andela
community and requires that you apply yourself and challenge yourself to
constantly improve personally and professionally throughout the four
years of the Fellowship. Through extensive training and work experience
with top global technology companies, you’ll master the professional and
technical skills needed to become a technology leader, both on the
African continent and around the world.
The Application Process
Stage 1: Application and Aptitude Assessment
- First, you’ll complete a free application, which lets us learn
more about you. Once we receive your application, we’ll email you
(within 2-days of your application) an online test that measures logical
reasoning and personality fit.
- Andela does not have any degree or diploma requirements.
However, if you have completed University or have a Higher National
Diploma from a polytechnic, you must complete your one-year National
Youth Service Corps (NYSC) before applying to Andela, unless you have
been formally exempted.
Stage 2: Home Study
- Then you’ll need to complete an introduction to software development self-study course focused on Python.
- You can find the downloadable version of this course here.
- During the course, you’ll complete a Proctor test that will evaluate your knowledge of the content you’ve learned.
- You will also be invited to a Slack Community called “Open Andela” to help guide and encourage you throughout the process.
Stage 3: In-Person Interview
- Based on performance on the Aptitude Assessment and Proctor
test, we invite a select group of applicants to interview with Andela.
If selected, you’ll receive an email 1 week prior to the interview
stage, inviting you to a panel of interviews made up of staff members
and fellows at an Andela Campus.
Stage 4: Two-Week Boot Camp
- Successful applicants participate in a two-week Boot Camp at an Andela Campus led by our senior developers.
- The two weeks comprise of one week of home based self learning and one week of product development.
- You’ll be expected to learn independently as well as work on a team to deliver a final project.
- We’re looking for work ethic, passion, and teamwork.
Stage 5: Acceptance
- The highest performing participants are accepted into Andela’s four-year Technical Leadership Program.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
25th November, 2016.
12th December – 16th December, 2016.
12th January – 20th January, 2017.
Home Study Test Submission Date
2nd December, 2016.
Self Learning Clinic
4th January, 2017.