Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- Our ideal Procurement Specialist will be a subject matter expert
on procurement of infrastructure, construction and engineering
materials, works, goods and services.
Provide expertise, support and advice on sustainable procurement of
goods and services for construction and infrastructure through:
- Identification of procurement needs at the project development stage
- Preparation of realistic procurement plans and development of appropriate procurement strategies
- Conceptualization, elaboration and implementation of procurement
and contract strategy including tendering processes and evaluation,
contractor appraisal, evaluation and negotiation of offers,
administration of the contract and the performance management of the
contractors, legal considerations and payment conditions as well as risk
- Preparation and review of technical specifications, terms of
references, scope of works for construction projects, in the areas of
health, infrastructure, justice and environment.
- Develop cost estimations for the required goods/services/works.
- Establish procurement process monitoring systems and mechanisms
to eliminate deficiencies in company’s procurement activities for goods
- Conduct analysis and evaluation of the requirements and synthesis of proposals for cost-saving strategies.
Lead strategic and operational procurement projects by:
- Planning, developing and managing all procurement-related
aspects of solicitations for complex and diverse works, services and
commodities, taking into account sustainability aspects, the local
economy and other market or political conditions.
- Advising requisitioning units; on the procurement process,
including drafting of clear TORs or specifications, and creation of
technical and financial evaluations.
- Formulating strategies and designing innovative solutions to
minimize and resolve issues/conflicts for complex procurement projects.
- Establishing and maintaining work program and schedule for on-going contracts and newly-planned ones.
- Identifying new technologies, and products/services, evaluating
and recommending potential supply sources and updating the procurement
program based on these results.
- Analyze the quality of goods and/or services delivered in
relation to the needs of the operation/stakeholder and established
- Updating buyers’ and suppliers’ profiles in the internal
enterprise resource system, preparing Purchase Orders and Receipts,
implementing the internal control system to ensure that purchase orders
are duly prepared and dispatched, taking timely corrective actions on
Purchase Orders with budget check errors and other problems.
- Leading negotiations with supplier representatives; signs procurement orders up to the authorized limit.
- Conducting market research to keep abreast of market
developments; researching and analyzing statistical data and market
reports on the world commodity situation, production patterns and
availability of goods and services.
- Performing such other duties and responsibilities relevant to the functions of a Procurement Officer.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Supply Chain / Procurement, or other related discipline.
- Membership of and professional certification through relevant
professional institutions such as the Chartered Institute of Purchasing
and Supply (CIPS) or other similar and equivalent organizations is
- Ability to multitask and to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Ability to provide guidance in a timely and understandable
manner to staff that may not be familiar with the procurement process
and/or rules, regulations or terminology.
- Excellent command of the Microsoft Office 2010 applications (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.)
- Knowledge of Government Rules and Regulations on infrastructure and Construction projects is an asset.
- Minimum 5 years of progressively responsible experience in
procurement of works, goods and services in the construction and
infrastructure field in public or private sectors; (i.e. health/hospital
projects, roads construction, public infrastructure).
- Well-developed analytical thinking, problem solving, and negotiation skills.
- Persistent attention to detail and experience with contract review.
- Integrity and fairness: Solid ethics and integrity interfacing with colleagues, clients and service providers.
- Client Orientation: Focus on clients’ services. Keep clients
informed of procurement progress or setbacks. Actively interact with
clients to solicit feedback and gauge satisfaction;
- Teamwork: Developed and well-rounded interpersonal skills. The
ability to establish and maintain working relations with people in a
multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment, with respect for diversity.
- Professionalism: Takes ownership of responsibilities and honour
commitments. Represent the organization in various forums and/or with
stakeholders and service providers.
- Responsiveness: Strong sense of delivery and priorities;
Ability to provide in a very tight schedule relevant feedback and
advice on specific requirements of clients operating in post crisis
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 15th November, 2016.