2 Nov 2016
Arbico Plc Job in Lagos for a Health and Safety Officer
Over the years, the company has been involved in the construction of a broad spectrum of projects for governments, multinational companies, industrial groups, as well as high-networth individuals
Arbico Plc is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Health and Safety Officer
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop and implement company HSE policy that is in compliance with industry and regulatory standards.
- Conduct pre-operational risk assessments on new sites and design risk mitigation measures.
- Develop all the required documentation, operational checks and reports for the HSE Management System to be compliant with OHSAS 18001/2007 and ISO 14001/2004 standards, including corrective and preventive measures.
- Ensure regular emergency response exercises and drills are conducted to ensure the highest level of preparedness in any emergency.
- Supervises the regular inspection of fire fighting, safety and emergency response equipment.
- Assist in developing and implementing field location emergency response procedures and evacuation plans.
- Supervise on-site doctors and medical emergency response preparation and implementation.
- Ensure that operations employees and all other employees of the company, contractors and site visitors receive HSE inductions.
- Responsible for preparing weekly and monthly HSE reports, statistics and presentations related to HSE performance.
- Report to Management on a weekly basis.
- Monitor HSE officers in executing continuous audits.
- Manage the HSE officers and coordinate their audit schedule.
- Provide HSE improvement proposals stating: the non-conformance, proposed corrective action, required resources for corrective action and plan for implementation.
- Investigate the root cause of HSE complaints put forward by members of staff, customers, clients and contractors and report the result to the Management of the company.
- Follow ups to ensure that corrective actions are implemented where necessary and ensures that any certification requirements are complied with.
- Assist Management in the preparation and presentation at field HSE meetings.
- Coordinate and participate in the investigation of accidents and near misses.
- Review and analyse accidents and near miss incidents and making corrective action recommendations.
- Other duties as assigned by the Executive Management.
- Effectiveness of safety framework/guideline
- Effectiveness and level of compliance (by the company, its clients and relevant stakeholders) with HSE policies.
- Success in the implementation of regular safety drills company-wide.
- Response time in resolving HSE related matters.
- Low level/number of HSE related violations
- Level of detail in reporting HSE related matters to the Management.
- Promptness of reports and effectiveness of recommendations.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Fluent English speaking and excellent report writing skills.
- Qualified in implementation of health and safety standards.
- Previous experience in construction would be an added advantage.
- Ability to convince and communicate strongly.
- Excellent training skills.
- Ability to provide detailed audit reports, with relevant required preventive and corrective measures.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and application letters to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.