Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is one of the
leading Nigerian Non-Governmental Organizations implementing programs
for improving Reproductive Health and Family planning (RH/FP), Care
and Treatment of HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis (TB) and Malaria etc.
professional opportunities for career advancement, good working
environment and competitive remuneration.
We seek applications from qualified persons for the position below under
the Global Fund Tuberculosis (TB) Grant- New Funding Model:
Job Title: Operations Research, Malaria Project Consultant
Locations: Kebbi and Osun
Contract Type: Short-term consultancy for the Association for
Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) – Global Fund Malaria Project
Detailed consultancy days – a maximum of 25 days inclusive of report writing days.
- To strengthen operation research guidelines in malaria
prevention with an improvement of links to the state-malaria elimination
programme in Kebbi and Osun states. Specific objectives of the OR areas
would be highlighted in the respective protocols.
- Suggested methodology
- The OR will be executed in both the health facilities as well as
in the communities. The protocol on the OR to be conducted will be
followed. In both states, this OR process will occur in the following
- Before the field work where meetings will be held as the
steering committee meets, stakeholders meet, survey tools are piloted
and fine-tuned and in interview of the field workers (research
- During the field work.
- After the field work, where data collation, entry and analysis
will be undertaken, as well as the report writing and dissemination of
- This assignment will be undertaken by one (1) external
consultant in each state supported by the ARFH Senior Monitoring and
Evaluation Officer (SMEO) and the ARFH field officers – and coordinated
by the Monitoring and Evaluation Coordinator and Program Manager.
- The external consultants will be primarily responsible for the technical reports.
Tasks for the Consultants:
- Preparation and facilitation of – all the meetings of the
steering committee where the protocol will be fine-tuned and survey
tools also developed and fine-tuned; the stakeholders’ meetings where
the stakeholders will be informed of the survey; and the dissemination
meetings where information from the study will be shared with
- Oversight of the pilot study to test the survey tools the interview of the sessions.
- Oversight of the data collection in the field work; the data
collation, data entry and data cleaning after the field work and the
data analysis done by the biostatistician.
- Report writing.
Required outputs/Deliverables: Reports:
- Preliminary report – Separate report on the technical support
process for each of the 2 states (no longer than 10 pages excluding
annexes – one of the annexes will be the research report itself) using
the ARFH report writing format.
- Response period
- Draft reports must be commented on within 5 working days of receipt of each draft report
- Final reports must be submitted within 5 working days of receipt of comments on each report
- Timeline for submission – reports should be submitted to the PM no later than 7 days after the completion of the assignment.
The external consultants must have the following skills and qualifications:
- Previous experience in conduct of operation research in Nigeria,
Knowledge and experience of the Nigerian health system and malaria
elimination program and the individual state contexts, Good people
management skills, Excellent facilitation skills, Excellent writing
Start Date 10th November 2016.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a detailed and
relevant Curriculum Vitae with a Cover Letter inclusive of daily rates
in one Microsoft Word document to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 5.30pm, 4th November, 2016.