7 Nov 2016
Building Services Engineer Job at Arbico Plc, Lagos
one of the foremost building construction companies in Nigeria with presence across the geopolitical zones of the country.
Arbico Plc is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Building Services Engineer
Description of Position
- You will be in charge of the design, or the development of the
design, the installation and the maintenance of the services needed in
order to allow the project building to meet the purposes of its design.
These services mainly include:
- The electrical services. The mechanical services. The plumbing services.
- You will also have to give expertise and advice on existing or already designed systems and to propose alternatives and options.
- Completion stage until the hand-over.You will have to work on a various range of new and older projects and buildings.
- Your intervention will be asked on Design stage as well as on Site
- Your responsibility will also include the choice the appropriate components and materials. In so you will closely liaise with the Data & Cost Manager.
- Undertaking services and technical studies including site investigations.
- Analyse, calculate and designing the layout of energy distribution, water pipes and ventilation systems.
- Consider various systems and components and to carry out tests on systems and making changes to designs and plans where necessary
- Monitor the installation of services and manage their maintenance once the building is completed
- Liaise with other team members as well as with external consultants to agree on any changes and updates in the project documents.
- Liaise with other departments of the company to smooth the project processes.
- Liaise with Data & Cost manager to schedule material and equipment purchases and deliveries. Compiling job specifications and supervising tendering procedures.
- Be a force of proposal within the project and the team, undertaking research and keeping up with the latest building regulations.
- Preparing presentations, reports and structural drawings.
- Use computers and Computer-Aided Design (CAD) and Building Modelling Information (BIM) technology for simulation purposes and to ensure the effective coordination of the data.
- Make sure that all building services meet health and safety requirements and environmental legislation.
- Commissioning, organising and assessing the work on site.
- Examine systems at risk of failure and advising how to improve their functioning integrity, such as recommending removal or repair of defective parts or rebuilding the entire structure.
- Making sure the project complies with legal requirements.
- Resolving design and development problems.
- Minimum of 2nd Class Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Master's Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- Membership of relevant professional body
- Above-average use of Microsoft suite (Word and Excel).
- Advanced IT skills including extensive knowledge of Autodesk AutoCAd and Autodesk REVIT.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Commercial awareness.
- Minimum of 5 years consulting industry experience
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to think methodically, to design, plan and manage projects.
- Solid understanding and knowledge of construction methods and legal regulations.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send soft copy of their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the job title as subject of their email.
Application Deadline 21st November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.