23 Nov 2016
Bursar/Accountant Job in a topmost Business School in Lagos
Job Title: Bursar/Accountant
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees the overall operations of student financial services, billing and receivables, and cashiering functions of the business school.
- Establishes and implements short- and long-range organizational goals, objectives, strategic plans, policies, and operating procedures; monitors and evaluates programmatic and operational effectiveness, and effects changes required for improvement.
- Develops and manages annual budgets for the organization and performs periodic cost and productivity analyses.
- Represents the business school to various institutional divisions as well as externally to governmental agencies, vendors, students and their parents, and/or the general public.
- Plans, develops, and implements strategies for generating resources and/or revenues for the organization.
- Provides direction and leadership in financial management, fiscal policies review and changes; conducts special studies as required; ensures compliance with the business school, state, and federal regulations and standard accounting procedures.
- Provides periodic reports of receipts and technical information to the business school community and to school’s coordinating agency.
- Encourages customer-oriented staff interaction with students, and administrators.
- Interacts with internal and external auditors, participates in auditing projects, or provides information and access to accounting records as required.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- B.Sc/HND in Accounting
- At least 5 years of experience that is directly related to the duties and responsibilities specified.
- ICAN or ACCA
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations, and school’s financial policies and procedures
- Knowledge of accounting and accounts receivable principles, methodology, and practices.
- Knowledge of cashiering and cash management principles, systems, procedures, and standards.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to use independent judgment and to manage and impart information to a range of clientele and/or media sources.
- Ability to foster a cooperative work environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal and community relations skills and the ability to communicate and work effectively within a diverse community.
- Ability to plan, organize, implement, and administer complex recordkeeping systems and procedures.
- Employee development and performance management skills.
- Knowledge of financial/business analysis techniques.
- Knowledge of university and/or public auditing policies, standards, and procedures.
- Ability to write reports containing technical information.
- Knowledge of customer service standards and procedures.
- Skill in examining and re-engineering operations and procedures, formulating policy, and developing and implementing new strategies and procedures.
- Ability to plan and evaluate programs.
- Ability to identify and secure alternative funding/revenue sources.
- Knowledge of software to quantify and illustrate complex financial reports, comparisons, impacts, and/or projections.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Note: Candidates should submit their Application Letters and Curriculum Vitae and Names and address of 3 (three) referees, (two of whom must be authorities in candidates field of study), and will be willing to forward written reports on the candidate.
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.