3 Nov 2016
Business Development Manager Job at Oracle
Oracle is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager - Sub-Saharan Africa Region
Job Code: 160017VY
- Manages a team that is responsible for identifying relevant new business opportunities and designing "go-to-market" plans to deliver measurable and significant revenues. Consistently meets with potential customers and current customers to build pipeline.
- Responsible for coaching, performance management, and career development of staff.
- Participates in the recruiting process and provides hiring recommendations to senior management. Manages budget.
- Provides support to marketing and sales programs.
- Manages a team of business development representatives for a territory/region.
- The team is actively and frequently customer facing, providing the value proposition to business or org leaders, qualifying opportunities, and selling the value of the oracle solution.
- Provides daily operations management of lead qualification functions.
- As a member of the RACE sales organization, the Business Development Manager will support the field sales teams in key African countries to promote Oracle as a socially responsible corporation.
- This person will effectively leverage Oracle’s solution portfolio, its corporate citizenship efforts and local initiatives to raise Oracle’s profile as a strategic partner within the Public Sector and beyond.
- Any candidate must be able to present the “social” benefits to local field sales teams, C+ level PS executives and stakeholders to develop a strong mid to long-term pipeline.
- Provide leadership on how Oracle’s corporate citizenship can be leveraged to secure mindshare and goodwill amongst stakeholders particularly in education, human capital development and innovation.
- Work with local Country Leaders to liaise with government institutions to position Oracle as a strategic partner for ICT investments.
- Work with strategic partners to maximize opportunities, recognition and goodwill for Oracle.
- Engage PR/Marketing to raise Oracle’s profile as a socially responsible corporation that actively promotes best practices to drive IT solutions that can positively impact society.
- Represent Oracle via memberships or engagement with select associations or non profits.
- Directly manage a team providing guidance and coaching and ensuring personal development of team member’s
- Leverage the positioning of successful PS solutions to emphasize the social benefit Oracle solutions can bring to government agencies and the citizens they serve. Support field sales through customer presentations, C-level selling where needed.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be an autonomous, self-starter who knows how to stay focused on goals and deliver results.
- Demonstrate an ability to build strong relationships with partners and with key stakeholders and customers.
- Conduct business in English. Working knowledge of French an advantage.
- Proven experience in the IT industry and/or in leading and developing high profile corporate citizenship programs.
- Be willing to travel throughout Africa and beyond as needed (up to 60%).
- Be experienced working with Public Sector entities.
- Management experience, either directly or indirectly
- Ability to influence key stakeholders (internal and external) at all levels
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills with an ability to work with all levels, irrespective of nationalities, cultures, Oracle lines of business, etc...
- Be energetic, driven, and possess a “can do” attitude.
- Experience qualifying prospects and customers; understanding of the sales cycle process.
- Strong Oracle product knowledge preferred.
- Lead a specialized area which may have diverse functional elements.
- Frequently interact with supervisors and/or functional peer group managers.
- May interact with senior management.
- BA/BS preferred.
- 5 years of business development experience preferred.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.