7 Nov 2016
Business Development Manager Job in Lagos at The Sparrows Group
Since forming in 1973, Sparrows have offered clients a crane and lifting management service which provides a performance-driven structure, aligning with client expectations in terms of safety, reliability and up-time.
The Sparrows Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager, Africa
Req Code: 1982
The Main Purpose of this role is The Business Development Manager, will be required tfollow the 7-step Sparrows Business Acquisition Process and which involves:
- Identify Opportunities - Position Sparrows to take advantage of new geographies and new product lines. Search all markets and identify all opportunities.
- Execute the Proposal - Capitalize on the preparatory work
- Clarify the Offer - Close the deal
- Engage with the Customer Post-award - Celebrate and start over.
- Select Target - Create the optimum project portfolio for Sparrows assets
- Prepare to Win - Focus our attention on selected opportunities
- Develop the Solution - Develop a slam dunk project execution plan
Specifically, the scope includes:
- This role is focused on developing business opportunities in Africa Region.
- This includes monitoring of new opportunities as well as reporting our as-bid data for Market Analysis and tracking the award of projects either to Sparrows or our competitors and reporting accordingly
- Capturing opportunities in the companies CRM system
- Developing and Maintaining Good Relationships with our Customer Base.
- Includes our existing customer base and an obligation to expand with new customers.
- Ensure Market Data is Maintained ta High Degree of Accuracy.
- Recommending projects for targeting that give the best financial returns while maximizing utilization of assets and minimizing risk
- Working with BD teams in other business units to prioritise asset allocation to targeted projects always determining net return to Sparrows as a first principle
- Focus on back-up projects that provide good returns in event that targeted projects are lost
- Ensure that a capture strategy is developed for all new prospective work.
- Encourage technical and commercial innovation.
- To help win additional work for Sparrows at agreed margins of profit, with all risks identified and quantified in accordance with Sparrows procedures
- To assist in the preparation and submittal of proposals without errors, on schedule, in accordance with the Capture Plan and to develop the Basis of Bid
- Support nominated Project/Business Manager, regional Business Development Director and Negotiator team leader with detailed back-up and analysis as well as relevant correspondence, clarifications and Proposal Documents.
- Develop New Markets for our Product Lines
- To identify new market areas where Sparrows can establish a leading edge in competitiveness
- Suggest New Product Lines for our Existing Assets
- To seek out opportunities in non-traditional business where our assets can effectively and profitably be utilised
The Business Development Manager will support the Sparrows organization by:
- Help to develop strategic planning initiatives
- Identifying new opportunities
- Developing bid /nbid recommendations
- Ensuring Capture Strategy is implemented during the bidding phase
- Actively participating in bid reviews
- Supporting post bid negotiations
- Effectively representing the company regardless of task.
- Adhering to reporting requirements, being able verify / give opinion on targeted prospects
- Provide guidance in the pre-qualification process.
- Participating in the development of capture strategies for targeted projects
- Working collaboratively with the Proposals Manager to develop successful bidding strategies
The Business Development Manager will interface with other departments by:
- Supporting Project Champions through the bid process
- Contributing to the project risk / opportunity management process
- Interaction with functional heads to determine capability & competitiveness.
The Business Development Manager will:
- Demonstrate honest and ethical behaviour
- Act in a fair and conscientious manor
- Uphold the Vision, Values, Guiding Principles and Goals of the Company Charter.
- It is mandatory that the incumbent is familiar with, and follows the Company's Health, Safety, Environment and Quality Management System and takes an active part in the compliance and improvement of the Management Systems.
- The incumbent must report any accidents, incidents, near misses, actual or potential problems with products, services or systems according to the Management System processes/procedures.
- The incumbent alshas legal responsibilities under country-specific health, safety and/or environmental legislation to follow these.
- Reasonable knowledge of the Oil & Gas industry
- Strong relationship skills - managing relationships with our agent and client
- Aptitude for developing customer relationships
- Good presentation skills
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Competency to represent the company in written and verbal format
- Ability to manage business relationships at all levels.
- Demonstrable experience in building and growing a business
- Driving sales opportunities through to completion with our agent
- Technical knowledge of the offshore industry
- Experience of operating in the Africa
- Interpersonal skills
- French language skills
- Service company background.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's to: email@example.com
Note: Candidate will need to have up-to-date Word or PDF copies of their CV and/or Cover Letter to hand. they may also include copies of any relevant certificates, if desired.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.