11 Nov 2016
Child Development Officer Job at Child Life-Line
Job Title Child Development Officer
Department Outreach Department
Major Tasks and Job Activities
- Supporting the Program Manager and Outreach Department, you will be responsible for the development and successful implementation of first contact service at Child Life-Line Children/Young Persons program
- You will demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks and keep abreast of related legislation. (Child Protection Policy, Child Right Acts and Child Participation Policy)
- You will support the management and development of Child Life-Line and its programs, ensuring positive interaction with the children and families and contribute towards effective working practices.
- You will support the key worker system of staffing within the Centres.
- You will provide a service that respects children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- You will support the continuing development of the Centre, sharing information involved in the development of highest quality service for young children and their families.
- You will share tasks necessary for the general upkeep and standards of hygiene of the Centre, including laundry, cleaning and equipment monitoring.
- You will support the Outreach Department by taking part in trips and outings on Family Tracing/Re-integration and Re-unification
Planning and Organising
- You will work closely with the Program Manager, Outreach Officer and other senior staff to support the development and continuous improvement of the Centre.
- Plan effectively and efficiently to meet desired standards
- Plan and organise own workload and support staff in planning and organising duties.
- Maintain the highest standard of hygiene within the Centre.
- Support the management and organisation of effective teams.
- Support operational decisions to ensure best practices are adhered to.
- You will liaise with staff and parents, ensuring communication systems are effective.
- You will attend staff team meetings.
- You will adhere to communication systems to share information throughout the team efficiently and effectively.
- You will link relevant agencies to provide excellent integrated services.
- You will form positive professional relationships with community service providers
- Approach each area of development with a professional attitude.
- You will apply convergent and divergent approaches to challenges.
- You will be responsible for delivering high quality childcare and have the ability to understand and apply quality assessment tools.
- You will observe, help develop, implement and promote Child Life-Line Policies and Procedures.
- You will ensure all service users treat resources with care and minimise waste
- Have full understanding of Child protection and promote excellent working practices.
- You will comply with Child Rights Act
- Any other relevant duties identified as appropriate by the Program Manager or Executive Body of the organisation.
- Minimum of NCE in Guidance and Counselling, Educational Psychology, Childhood education etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.