Child Line is a Telecommunications company located in 7904 Bosque Blvd, Waco, Texas, United States with office in Lagos, Nigeria
Job Title Child Development Officer
Department Outreach Department
Major Tasks and Job Activities
- Supporting the Program Manager and Outreach Department, you will be responsible for the development and successful implementation of first contact service at Child Life-Line Children/Young Persons program
- You will demonstrate a sound knowledge and understanding of regulatory frameworks and keep abreast of related legislation. (Child Protection Policy, Child Right Acts and Child Participation Policy)
- You will support the management and development of Child Life-Line and its programs, ensuring positive interaction with the children and families and contribute towards effective working practices.
- You will support the key worker system of staffing within the Centres.
- You will provide a service that respects children’s life experiences and celebrates diversity in terms of language, culture, ability, race and religion.
- You will support the continuing development of the Centre, sharing information involved in the development of highest quality service for young children and their families.
- You will share tasks necessary for the general upkeep and standards of hygiene of the Centre, including laundry, cleaning and equipment monitoring.
- You will support the Outreach Department by taking part in trips and outings on Family Tracing/Re-integration and Re-unification
Planning and Organising
- You will work closely with the Program Manager, Outreach Officer and other senior staff to support the development and continuous improvement of the Centre.
- Plan effectively and efficiently to meet desired standards
- Plan and organise own workload and support staff in planning and organising duties.
- Maintain the highest standard of hygiene within the Centre.
- Support the management and organisation of effective teams.
- Support operational decisions to ensure best practices are adhered to.
- You will liaise with staff and parents, ensuring communication systems are effective.
- You will attend staff team meetings.
- You will adhere to communication systems to share information throughout the team efficiently and effectively.
- You will link relevant agencies to provide excellent integrated services.
- You will form positive professional relationships with community service providers
- Approach each area of development with a professional attitude.
- You will apply convergent and divergent approaches to challenges.
- You will be responsible for delivering high quality childcare and have the ability to understand and apply quality assessment tools.
- You will observe, help develop, implement and promote Child Life-Line Policies and Procedures.
- You will ensure all service users treat resources with care and minimise waste
- Have full understanding of Child protection and promote excellent working practices.
- You will comply with Child Rights Act
- Any other relevant duties identified as appropriate by the Program Manager or Executive Body of the organisation.
- Minimum of NCE in Guidance and Counselling, Educational Psychology, Childhood education etc.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply