24 Nov 2016
Cooperazione Internazionale (COOPI) Job in Nigeria for a Child Protection Project Manager
conflicts and natural disasters. For 50 years of long-term support and constant presence in the field, COOPI has been engaged in breaking the cycle of poverty and responding to specific emergencies in numerous sectors, including Food Security, Humanitarian Aid, Health, Socio-Economical Services, Water and Sanitation, Human Rights, Education and Training, Migrations and Sustainable Energy.
With more than 3,900 humanitarian workers employed, and an average of 180 projects per year across 24 countries throughout Africa, Latin America and the Middle East, COOPI is the biggest Italian NGO. During its 50 years of activity, COOPI has successfully completed over 1,600 projects in 63 countries, involving 55.000 local operators and ensuring direct benefits to approximately 100 Million people.
Cooperazione Internazionale is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Child Protection Project Manager
- The Child Protection Project Manager will be responsible for the overall activities’ planning, execution and reporting of the projects he/she is directly assigned to, and of the supervision of all the other projects and of the Field Base office logistics, HR, financial and overall functioning.
- The project’s activities are implemented in Potiskum, Damaturu and Fika LGAs, targeting children at risk and Unaccompanied and Separated Children (UASCs) within the IDP and host communities of those target LGAs in Yobe state.
- The project includes registration, case management, service provision, referrals and capacity building of government and community stakeholders.
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager, the Child Protection Project Manager:
- Designs the detailed work plan in line with the project guidelines and description, guaranteeing the smooth implementation of all the activities on-time, on-quality and on-budget;
- Coordinates the overall project: supervises the overall effectiveness and efficiency of the staff; monitors the accuracy and efficiency of the case management activities; in collaboration with the Child Protection Officer, deals with possible cases which cannot be addressed by the available and ongoing referral network;
- Manages the goods purchased for the project; for all goods purchased by the project, support updates of the inventory and guarantee the respect of the policies and guidelines, in cooperation with the Logistics Office;
- In collaboration with the Program Manager and in synergy with the specific reporting lines of the projects, promotes and manages relations with the local government institutions, NGOs, and other local partners available in the area;
- Executes any other task necessary to good and timely completion of the projects, identified in mutual agreement.
- In coordination with the Country Administrator, supports in hiring of new staff directly related to the project and conducts staff appraisals Upholds COOPI’s mission and Charter of Values;
- Follows and enforces all COOPI codes of conduct and policies (globally and in-country);
- Contributes in consolidating the case management referral network by establishing proficient collaboration with the partners working in the targeted areas and actively suggesting gaps and recommendations to the supervisors;
- In cooperation and synergy with the project staff, plans and monitors the activities’ progress, in compliance with the contract signed with the donor, with donor’s and COOPI’s procedures, and with the specific Project Structure and
- Reporting Lines definition, making use of the financial instruments provided by the organization;
- In collaboration with the Administrative Assistant, the Country Administrator and the Logistics team, plans and monitors the expenditures in line with the project’s implementation needs;
- In cooperation with the Program Manager, finalizes the data provided by the Child Protection Officer, supports the preparation, in compliance with the deadlines, of the narrative reports expected by the donors and by the partners;
- Contributes and approves the line of training designed by the Child Protection Officer;
- Represents COOPI with the local / State authorities and partners (SEMA, MSWSD, MYASD, NGOs and UN agencies at local level Protection Working Group meetings);
- In collaboration with the Program Manager, prepares all the formal communication and contract modification requests (ex. budget modification) of the project;
- Performs any other duties as requested by the supervisor.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com specifying in the e-mail subject: “Application for Child Protection Project Manager in Potiskum”.
E-mail applications inclusive of:
- CV (max 3 pages)
- Cover Letter (max 1 page)
- Scanned copies of University Degrees (originals to be presented if shortlisted).
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.