Cummins Inc. – A global power leader, is a corporation of complementary
business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service
diesel and natural gas engines and related technologies, including
fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions
and electrical power generation
systems. Headquartered in Columbus,
Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000
people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries
and territories through a network of approximately 600
company-owned and independent distributor locations and
approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion
on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the role
will fit within the Operations Maintenance team providing
electro-mechanical expertise to support Metal Fabrication & Paint as
well as Genset Kitting/Testing departments, to ensure at all times the
manufacturing processes are capable and available.
- You will have a responsibility for initiating and engaging in
improvement activity, working proactively to maintain and repair
equipment across multiple areas of the factory.
- Maintaining process capability and reliability to achieve
optimum availability of machinery, equipment, related plant and
- To manage preventive and corrective maintenance processes and
procedures for all electro/mechanical equipment i.e. Guillotine, CNC
punching Machine, Press Brake, Welding Equipment, Paint Booth
Compressors and Ventilation systems, Test Cells, Load Banks, Fuel
- Development and implementation of Safety Systems for all Operations Maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and/or perform calibration on machines and equipment
based on Manufacturer’s recommendation and maintain up-to-date
- manufacturing facility, managing them whilst on site to ensure
adherence to safe systems of work, quality standards, and delivery
- To work within current Health and Safety legislation, published
standards and codes and the Company’s health and safety policies,
procedures and rules.
- Be participative with all company improvement initiatives e.g.
Continuous Improvement for a leaner working processes and practices.
- Be an active team player and be able to work within a larger team structure.
- Must be flexible in working with other Performance Cell functions if required e.g. Test, Quality and Materials.
- Make judgements and work on own initiative within agreed guidelines of work instructions and Cummins quality standards.
- Be active in assisting the working area in maintaining a safe, clean, efficient working area as defined under 5S.
- To provide input to annual capital planning process through both the TPM schedule and improvement projects.
- Continuously monitor and record equipment downtime using Maximo and identify opportunities for improvement based on trends.
- Implementation of backup processes as required to maintain
process, proactively engaging the team in improvement activities that
deliver improved performance.
- Ensure fast effective response to requests for maintenance resource and enter timely Maximo feedback on all attended issues.
- To support Operations to achieve their goals and objectives by
providing technical assistance to all issues as identified by the
- To be the point of contact with supplier or contractor when
providing equipment or services which are not available within the CPGN
- Be supportive by sharing knowledge with colleagues in support of achieving best practice.
- To assess existing equipment and determine any new equipment or
tooling requirements and that are available to support the facility
- To be responsible of the Lifting Equipment Register, keeping it accurate and up to date.
- To be responsible for the Critical Spare List, keeping it accurate and up to date.
- To complete risk assessments for own tasks and that of contractors working for Manufacturing Engineering on site.
- To manage daily prioritization of maintenance ticket requests and maintain accurate accounting of progress/completion.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment in an
Operations Maintenance context with knowledge on Machine Maintenance,
Electrical Drawings, LV/HV, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and risk
- Experience of delivering results against targets is essential
preferably in an Operations Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing
- Experience in using Microsoft office suite packages.
- Experience of design, commission & installation projects
- Experience of preventative maintenance
Recognised Qualifications:- Desirable
- BSc. or National Equivalent in Electrical Engineering;
Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering; Process Engineering Maintenance or
- Time served within a manufacturing environment with demonstrable
proven relevant experience in an Operations Maintenance context.
- Electro/Mechanical Troubleshooting
- Risk Assessment
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Awareness
- Knowledge of following Quality standards & systems
- Knowledge of following Health & Safety guidelines
- Process Documentation
- Genset Knowledge
- LV/HV Awareness
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This function requires supporting the business
through a controlled “Call Out Policy” ensuring cover during out of
hours in the event of Breakdown and emergency