25 Nov 2016
Cummins Nigeria Job for a Maintenance Technician
systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the job position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Technician
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Reporting to the Manufacturing Engineering Manager, the role will fit within the Operations Maintenance team providing electro-mechanical expertise to support Metal Fabrication & Paint as well as Genset Kitting/Testing departments, to ensure at all times the manufacturing processes are capable and available.
- You will have a responsibility for initiating and engaging in improvement activity, working proactively to maintain and repair equipment across multiple areas of the factory.
- Maintaining process capability and reliability to achieve optimum availability of machinery, equipment, related plant and services.
- To manage preventive and corrective maintenance processes and procedures for all electro/mechanical equipment i.e. Guillotine, CNC punching Machine, Press Brake, Welding Equipment, Paint Booth Compressors and Ventilation systems, Test Cells, Load Banks, Fuel Systems etc
- Development and implementation of Safety Systems for all Operations Maintenance activities.
- Coordinate and/or perform calibration on machines and equipment based on Manufacturer’s recommendation and maintain up-to-date calibration records.
- manufacturing facility, managing them whilst on site to ensure adherence to safe systems of work, quality standards, and delivery deadlines.
- To work within current Health and Safety legislation, published standards and codes and the Company’s health and safety policies, procedures and rules.
- Be participative with all company improvement initiatives e.g. Continuous Improvement for a leaner working processes and practices.
- Be an active team player and be able to work within a larger team structure.
- Must be flexible in working with other Performance Cell functions if required e.g. Test, Quality and Materials.
- Make judgements and work on own initiative within agreed guidelines of work instructions and Cummins quality standards.
- Be active in assisting the working area in maintaining a safe, clean, efficient working area as defined under 5S.
- To provide input to annual capital planning process through both the TPM schedule and improvement projects.
- Continuously monitor and record equipment downtime using Maximo and identify opportunities for improvement based on trends.
- Implementation of backup processes as required to maintain process, proactively engaging the team in improvement activities that deliver improved performance.
- Ensure fast effective response to requests for maintenance resource and enter timely Maximo feedback on all attended issues.
- To support Operations to achieve their goals and objectives by providing technical assistance to all issues as identified by the Manufacturing Leader.
- To be the point of contact with supplier or contractor when providing equipment or services which are not available within the CPGN
- Be supportive by sharing knowledge with colleagues in support of achieving best practice.
- To assess existing equipment and determine any new equipment or tooling requirements and that are available to support the facility requirements.
- To be responsible of the Lifting Equipment Register, keeping it accurate and up to date.
- To be responsible for the Critical Spare List, keeping it accurate and up to date.
- To complete risk assessments for own tasks and that of contractors working for Manufacturing Engineering on site.
- To manage daily prioritization of maintenance ticket requests and maintain accurate accounting of progress/completion.
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment in an Operations Maintenance context with knowledge on Machine Maintenance, Electrical Drawings, LV/HV, Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) and risk assessments.
- Experience of delivering results against targets is essential preferably in an Operations Maintenance capacity in a manufacturing environment.
- Experience in using Microsoft office suite packages.
- Experience of design, commission & installation projects
- Experience of preventative maintenance
Recognised Qualifications:- Desirable
- BSc. or National Equivalent in Electrical Engineering; Mechanical/Manufacturing Engineering; Process Engineering Maintenance or related Degree
- Time served within a manufacturing environment with demonstrable proven relevant experience in an Operations Maintenance context.
- Electro/Mechanical Troubleshooting
- Risk Assessment
- Lock Out Tag Out (LOTO) Awareness
- Knowledge of following Quality standards & systems
- Knowledge of following Health & Safety guidelines
- Process Documentation
- Genset Knowledge
- LV/HV Awareness
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This function requires supporting the business through a controlled “Call Out Policy” ensuring cover during out of hours in the event of Breakdown and emergency
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.