Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental
organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries
around the world, CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need,
regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local
non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore,
strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations
is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS
re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on
agriculture, health and emergency programming.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is recruiting to fill the job positions of:
Job Title: MEAL Officer
Position Band: C – 1
Reports to: MEAL Manager
- Under the direction of the Program Manager, the MEAL Officer
will be responsible for all MEAL related activities including, but not
limited to: monitoring progress on project indicators, elaboration of
M&E tools, conducting needs/market/post activity assessments,
beneficiary database management, recalibration of beneficiary targeting
at project mid-point, development and implementation of accountability
mechanism as well as compilation of monthly, bi-monthly, and quarterly
- The MEAL officer will be based in Maiduguri with frequent trips
to the project area and will report to the PM, but will also work
closely with the CRS Borno State MEAL Coordinator for technical support.
- With technical assistance from the Borne MEAL Coordinator and the MEAL RTA, conduct a SMILER workshop at the project start
- Track the project performances vs. project indicators
- Create and manage databases to ensure the traceability of the project beneficiaries and assistance provided
- Conduct a household level baseline study at the start of the project
- Regularly conduct on site monitoring and post distribution surveys
- Carryout market assessments for new project sites
- Regularly collect and analyze market price data.
- Review, clean and analyze all project data, including but not
limited to: beneficiary registration, baseline study, onsite monitoring,
post activity monitoring, price data, final evaluation.
- Ensure that the project mid-term evaluation and project’s Real
Time Evaluation are conducted in a timely manner and as per donor’s
- Ensure the project final evaluation is timely conducted.
- Elaborate, review, and test all M&E tools.
- Promote the use of Information Communication Technology for
Development (ICT4D) solutions throughout the project including for the
registration of beneficiaries, the registration of traders/vendors, the
monitoring of the project activities, the post distribution household
surveys, the post distribution market surveys, the baseline study, and
the mid-term and final evaluations.
- Establish and manage a system to track beneficiary and non-beneficiary’s feedbacks and complaints management.
- Ensure a timely submission of the baseline study report, post
distribution monitoring reports, market monitoring reports, feedbacks
and complaints management reports and evaluations reports.
- Support the development and testing of electronic data entry
questionnaires using the iFormBuiider (or other software as needed)
during periodic surveys and data analysis using appropriate statistical
- Train enumerators and daily workers on data collection tools and on the utilization of iPads and/or android devices.
- Supervise data collection exercises.
- In coordination with the Database Office,, maintain the
project’s stock of IT equipment (including vendor phones, program
phones, solar panels, Bluetooth printers, etc.).
- Collect and share lessons learned, best practices, success stories and innovations stemming from program implementation.
- Formulate and share clear recommendations for improved programming implementation.
- Compile yearly beneficiary data.
- Travel up to 20% of the time as needed.
Qualifications and Skills
- Masters degree or Engineering Degree in Information and
Technology Management, Statistics or any other relevant equivalent
- At least 3 years fill time experience in Monitoring, Evaluation,
Accountability and Learning, preferably with an international NGO,
- Thorough technical knowledge and experience in MEAL.
- Demonstrated experience in database management
- Demonstrated appropriateness of quantitative statistical management programs including ACCESS, SPSS, EPI-INFO, STATA and EXCEL
- High degree of competency and comfort with information and communication technology used for MEAL
- Strong group process design and facilitation skills, including developing and leading workshops
- Demonstrated commitment to gender responsive programming.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Team-oriented and strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to organize and prioritize a variety of initiatives
- Demonstrable experience working with Information and Communication Technologies (software and hardware).
Job Title: Field Security Officer
Locations: Yobe and Maiduguri
Position Band: C-1
Reports to: Emergency Coordinator, Yobe & Security Coordinator, Borno
- Collection of information regarding safety and security
situation in Borno and Yobe states as well as on safety & security
issues concerning CRS. When the Base Radio is set off, do the radio
contact at interval of time (Confirmation of MVT, confirmation of
important message sent by others means)
- Daily tracking and recording of all CRS vehicle field movement,
- Follow up of any calls made by Sat phone and radio
- Track staff movement and advice Security Coordinator accordingly.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and informing the security coordinator
- With support from Security Coordinator maintain a state-wide
network of influential actors and communication of CRS status and
mission in the State.
- Cover for the Security Coordinator in his absence and support
and advice programs staff in the field regarding safety and security
information with the support of the Security Coordinator on a daily
- Encost field staff on outreach activities providing security support.
- Works with Security Coordinator to develop, consolidate and implement operating procedures and contingency plans;
- Undertakes continual assessments of equipment (including
vehicles) and organizational assets to ensure equipment integrity at all
- With the support of the Security Coordinator, ensure that
responsible guardians Private Security Guards) have the capacities to
perform their duties as per the SOPs
- With support from the Security Coordinator, conducts monthly
safety inspections such as: fire extinguishers, smoke/fire detectors and
inspection of CRS facilities in the State as it pertains to health and
safety to ensure equipment integrity.
- Actively seeks opportunities that will complement ability to fulfil position’s responsibilities as well as further
Monitoring, Analysis and Supervision:
- Identifies, establishes and manages context appropriate approach to assure CRS facilities are secure
- Submits regular contextual updates (weekly/monthly situational reports) to the Security Coordinator
- Works closely with CRS field teams to ensure all incidents and
accidents are followed up with an official written Incident Report,
which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately;
- Coordinates regularly with the Security Coordinator on safety
and security issues, and fulfil reporting requirements to the Country
Office in Abuja.
Required Qualifications Experience and Skills
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in the field of community
engagement, risk management, safety and security management or other
- Degree in Criminology, Peace & Security Studies, Political Sciences or related subject
- Professional Certification insecurity studies.
- Be a Nigerian National
- Ability to plan and organize work and write clear and concise reports and communicate effectively (both in writing and verbally)
- Proven ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines
- Stable, moral, reliable and robust character and a good team-player
- Excellent communication skills, calm, with a good sense of humor
- Proven commitment to accountability practices
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills (Excel, Word, Emails, Skype, Web researches);
- Fluency in oral and written English and Hausa (Kanuri Speaking)
- Demonstrable training and capacity building experience
Desired Competencies/ Skills:
- Security background preferable
- Proven ability to read maps
- Knowledge of other Nigerian local languages
- Knowledge of the geography and culture of the Northeast of Nigeria
- Previous experience in similar activities with NGOs
Job Title: Project Driver
Locations: Damaturu, Yobe (3), Maiduguri, Borno (4)
Position Band: B-1
Reports to: Driver Team Leads
- Drivers will be responsible for ensuring that the minimum
maintenance standard of the CRS/Nigeria’s fleet is the vehicle
- He will also follow up and ensure that routine preventative
maintenance schedules for the vehicles are strictly adhered to in a
manner that will assure reliable transportation of CRS staff, assets and
- Make recommendations and implement measures that will safeguard
the CRS Nigeria vehicles and vehicle equipment to enhance efficiency and
reduce the possibility of theft or damage.
- Ensure that daily checks are performed on assigned vehicle before it is driven in the morning.
- Completes the Daily Vehicle Reports and submits to the Head driver each day
- Check and ensure that all journeys and trips (no matter how
short) are recorded using the Vehicle Log Book provided in each vehicle.
- Notifies the Head driver immediately in accident situations,
after checking that all persons involved are safe and follows the
procedure for what to do in case of an accident.
- Ensures that fuel does not fall below half a tank in any of the vehicles.
- Responsible for ensuring that CRS vehicles are clean at all times
- Be familiar with, and ensure adherence to the policies and guidelines in the Vehicle Usage and Maintenance Manuals
- Ensure that all travel planning procedures are followed by staff
traveling in CRS vehicles and that all the relevant forms are completed
- Maintain a file for all vehicle request and all travel related forms
- Complete the Motor Vehicle Monthly reports /Fuel Usage report
and motor vehicle monthly Maintenance report by the 5”of each month
- Ensure that vehicles are driven safely and in line with CRS procedures and regulations.
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time by the Driver Team Leads and/or Fleet Officer
- Valid Nigerian driver’s license and good knowledge of Borno and Yobe, and Nigerian roads
- Minimum Four years’ professional experience in a similar position
- Ability to communicate in English Language is essential
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Must be flexible and able to work independently and as part of a team
- Good knowledge of vehicle mechanics
- Strong leadership abilities
- Experience in supervising other staff
- Ability to generate VMS reports
- Ability to use the Microsoft suite of computer software applications especially MS Word, Excel and Outlook
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should download the “Application Form ” and send with a detailed 3-page resume in a single file
word document to: NG_HR@global.crs.org
- Candidates should state the position and location desired as the subject of their email. E.g. MEAL Officer – Maiduguri, Borno.
- Interviews will be conducted on a rolling and applications received until this position is filled.
- Applications sent in the required format will be considered and only short listed candidates will be contacted.