18 Nov 2016
Embedded Evaluator for Developmental Evaluation Job at Search for Common Ground
from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. SFCG seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities. With a total of approximately 800 staff worldwide, SFCG implements projects in 49 countries, with permanent offices in over 35, including in Asia, Europe, the Middle East, the United States and Africa.
Job Title: Embedded Evaluator for Developmental Evaluation
The embedded evaluator will have overall responsibility for the design and implementation of the DE and ensure its quality. She/ he will be responsible for the following:
- Collaboratively conceptualize and develop the DE design (learning framework, methodology, reporting, etc.) using a participatory approach, including an introduction workshop for SFCG, partners and other stakeholders;
- Develop a living work plan for the DE and DE data collection tools;
- Conduct DE data analysis, document findings, and recommendations and share regularly with program staff and management for real-time and evidence-based decision making;
- Record decision-making and other cores processes, program changes and/or changes in the environment in report logs (that track details of DE and document events that occur i.e. planned and unplanned and associated outcomes);
- Incorporate findings into monthly/ quarterly reports, and elaborate DE reports every six months which are shared with DRL outlining critical evidence, lessons learned, and adaptive management practices;
- Develop case studies to document project outcomes of critical processes such as: dialogue process and shift in relationships between stakeholders within communities;
- Provide DE related capacity building to SFCG staff and partners.
Given the nature of the DE, deliverables are expected to evolve throughout the course of implementation and will be adjusted and negotiated on a rolling basis. Preliminary expected deliverables include, but are not limited to:
- Introduction workshop and after-action report regarding learnings, key findings, and results;
- Develop DE design plan;
- Submission of a work plan for the DE within 30 days of kick-off;
- Monthly and quarterly progress reports;
- DE donor reports every six months;
- Bimonthly meetings with Deputy Country Manager and the International Learning Team;
- Case studies;
- Draft and final evaluation report.
The embedded evaluator is part of the project and M&E team, and reports the Deputy Country Director. S/he has a close collaboration with the Institutional Learning Team. The evaluator will be located in Maiduguri throughout the life of the project from October 2016 to July 2018.
The ideal candidate will have the following:
- Programming and evaluation experience in peace building, conflict resolution or other related sectors;
- Experience in international development;
- Excellent understanding and familiarity with North Eastern Nigeria and preferably prior working experience in the region;
- Experience with evaluating complex systems and familiarity with developmental evaluation;
- Graduate degree in Conflict Studies, International Development, Social Work, or other relevant degree;
- Extensive technical knowledge, skills and expertise in evaluation design, evaluating complexity, and multi-methods, in particular qualitative and participative methods;
- Strong analytical skills in both qualitative and quantitative research and proficiency in Excel and ideally SPSS or equivalent;
- Facilitation skills, particularly design and execution of stakeholder consultations;
- Excellent oral and written communication and report writing skills in English, speaker of Hausa and/ or Kanuri;
- Active listening, proactive learning, and time management skills;
- Leadership and strategic thinking;
- Expertise in organizational theory, development, and/or communications;
- Readiness to be in a learning role.
Please submit a cover letter and resume. Your cover letter should include expectations of gross monthly compensation. Please include projected start date and mention where you found this posting. In this case, quote Jobzilla Nigeria. Preference will be given to applicants who include at least an executive summary from a past evaluation conducted.
Click Here to Apply
Application Deadline: December 15, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.