FHI 360 is a nonprofit human development organization dedicated to
improving lives in lasting ways by advancing integrated, locally driven
solutions. Our staff includes experts in health, education,
environment, economic development, civil society, gender, youth,
research and technology – creating a unique mix of capabilities to
address today’s interrelated development challenges. FHI 360 serves more
than 70 countries and all U.S. states and territories.
FHI 360 is currently seeking qualified candidates for the position of:
Job Title: Research Officer, Youth Power Action ALHIV Study
Job ID: 17833
- The Research Officer will work closely with the HQ study manager
and principal investigator and will be responsible for supporting study
management, supervision and implementation of all technical and
financial activities for the study within Nigeria.
- The Research Officer will ensure that all deliverables are being
met on time and with quality, and will perform all the responsibilities
and duties related to supporting collaboration with stakeholders and
creating linkages with local partners, and, relevant ministries, local
government and private agencies.
Job Summary / Responsibilities
- Provides support to study leadership and management for the
Youth Power Action adolescents living with HIV (ALHIV) research study in
Nigeria by supporting study team administratively and technically to
provide high quality deliverables;
- Works with Study Manager and other study staff and assists with
developing budgets, managing sub-contracts, project materials, and
- Collects, compiles and analyzes information relevant to the project;
- May provide administrative support to programs as needed by writing, reviewing, and translating reports;
- Contributes to the development of reports, briefing papers, and presentations as necessary;
- Supervises and mentors staff and provides training on systems, policies, and regulations;
- Travels within Nigeria as needed to develop, coordinate, monitor and/or participate in activities;
- Ensures timely study implementation, and monitors project activities against work plans.
- Serves as the liaison with government officials, local communities, and other organizations in Nigeria;
- Coordinates local ethics committee review for research study;
- Tracks partner and sub-contractor performance against project timelines, budget, objectives, and deliverables;
- Facilitates communication by answering partner inquiries.
- Performs other relevant duties as assigned.
- M.Sc or equivalent in Public Health, Social Sciences,
Management, or Public Administration and a minimum of 9 years of
relevant experience with at least 5years in international development
programs preferably in HIV/AIDS prevention and care program or
- Strong program and financial management skills;
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a collaborative environment and as part of a team with international partners;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Competent in Microsoft Office package, particularly MS Word, Excel and Power Point;
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Experience in HIV, or other public health, research implementation and management;
- Has completed and maintains current certification in research ethics training;
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO),
government agency, or private organization that receives United States
Government funding (e.g. USAID funding); international project or
research management preferred;
- Articulate and professional and able to communicate in a clear, positive fashion with clients and staff;
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply