22 Nov 2016
Finance Job Vacancy in a Power Generation Company
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 11/22/2016 07:20:00 pm Tags: Business and Finance Jobs , Business-and-Finance-Jobs , Lagos Jobs
need temporary power and/or temperature control services either very quickly or on a temporary basis, to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Finance
Job Reference: 1166
Location: Lagos, Nigeria
Industry: Energy, Mining, Utilities
- The role is responsible for partnering with the MD to drive business growth, Implementing a solid financial framework to support the business growth strategy, ensuring integrity of financial reports and records, and managing external stakeholders including local Authorities and maintenance of strong controls and compliance, delivering forecasting, budgeting, analytical review, providing business support, and managing and developing the local finance team across both projects and depot businesses in Nigeria.
- Develop and deliver a Finance growth module for the business and responsible for delivery of strategic plan jointly with the MD including business re-alignment to enable that.
- Delivering monthly 6 –quarter rolling forecast and ensuring the delivery jointly with the MD.
- Ensuring accurate and proper financial accounting with periodic checks, scrutiny and reconciliation of the general ledger, sub-ledgers, fixed asset register, balance sheet schedules and related records of the projects and depot businesses
- Management and financial reporting for the business to ensure that information requirements – area, regional and group – are met in a timely, accurate and efficient manner
- Provide Finance leadership and developing the local Finance resource for the business.
- Responsible for Financial, management and statutory reporting and unlocking value through information analytics .
- Ensuring adherence to, and compliance with, direct and indirect tax laws and filing requirements etc. Payroll administration including contributions to social security, pensions and related filings etc.
- Ensuring adequate staffing and providing direction, coaching, training and development opportunities to ensure a fully effective finance function.
- Influencing behaviours within and outside the finance function to ensure coordinated efforts for the growth and development of the business
- Ensuring that appropriate and effective processes, controls and procedures are in place and in compliance with group and regional policies in both the projects and depot businesses.
- Develop policies and process documentation to ensure controls standards are adhered to
- Provide value creation through effective treasury and tax management including cash forecasting and fx risk exposure management
- Any other duties considered essential for effective support to the business and as directed by the MD.
- Qualified in CA/ACCA/CPA or equivalent qualification
- Bachelor Degree in Finance or equivalent qualifications
- Availability to travel as and when required
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
- Oral and written English correspondence skills of a high standard
- Minimum 10 years of experience in related field . Energy or FMCG is preferred
- Experience in a managerial position of a minimum of 8 years of which including Finance leadership in an organisation
Very attractive offer.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.