28 Nov 2016
Finance Manager Job at TechnoServe
Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities. With nearly five decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Job Title: Finance Manager
The Food Fortification Program, a partnership between TechnoServe and Partners in Food Solutions (PFS), aims to increase the compliance rates of private sector food processors against national food fortification mandates by increasing the production of fortified food staples in Nigeria, Kenya and Tanzania. PFS is a non-profit organization formed by General Mills to link the technical and business expertise of volunteer employees from General Mills, Cargill, Royal Dutch DSM, Bühler, and the Hershey Company to food processors and millers in the developing world.
The Finance and Grants Manager will report to the Team Lead and will be responsible for program finances, as well as the management of a matching grant fund. The manager will support country teams in entering accurate and timely transaction information into TechnoServe’s accounting system, ensuring accurate reporting internally and to donors. In addition, the manager will oversee the matching grant fund by coordinating the process for selecting fund beneficiaries, processing grant payments, and tracking compliance with grant conditions.
In this role the manager will:
- Oversee financial management and analysis including: ensuring reliable and accurate data is submitted, review of cash receipts and bank reconciliation.
- Ensure project adheres to corporate policy, legal and contractual obligations, and corporate and donor standards.
- Provide guidance and training as necessary to all potential sub grantees on the requirements of the proposal preparation and submission process, financial management requirements, and any other administrative requirements pertinent to the grant fund.
- Oversee due diligence process with regard to all guarantees and grants.
- Manage the award and disbursement process, ensuring compliance with TechnoServe Grants Manual and Procurement Manual.
- Performing monitoring and follow up functions.
- Provide internal controls and audit functions.
- Coordinate with the Team Lead and country teams to ensure budgets and spending are aligned.
- Launch, manage, and monitor a matching grants program
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field. Master’s degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of award management, sub-award requirements and donor relations.
- Knowledge of Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation or other international development donor reporting requirements.
- Experience with relevant financial software packages, including Microsoft Excel.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience in a finance/grants management function.
- Knowledge of budgeting, procurement, transport and fleet management and other administrative practices.
We welcome hearing from qualified and interested applicants. Click “Apply Now” to complete a short application and upload your resume and cover letter. Due to a high volume of applicants, please understand that we are able to contact only those who meet the minimum qualifications. No phone calls, please.
TechnoServe encourages diversity in all levels and across all facets of our organization. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, ages, HIV/AIDS status, protected veteran status, disability and all other protected classes.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click Here to Apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.