Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a start-up healthcare
company headquartered in the UK with presence in Nigeria and with
immediate expansion plans across Africa; and with a focus on the
delivery of specialized digital healthcare services across the country.
As part of the set-up of the Nigeria office, our client is looking to
hire the services of:
Job Title: Finance Manager
- The purpose of this role is to establish and promote sound
financial management and accounting practices as well as ensure
accurate recording and reporting of financial transactions.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all financial related activities of the Company.
- This will include direct responsibility for accounting,
finance, cash management, tax management; strategic planning,
forecasting (budgeting), financial reporting and business plan
execution for future business growth.
- Provide leadership in the development for the continuous
evaluation of short and long-term strategic financial objectives and
- Drive the financial planning of the company by analyzing its performance and risks
- Retain constant awareness of the company’s financial position and act to prevent problems
- Set up and oversee the company’s finance IT system
- Set targets for and supervise all accounting and finance personnel (management accountants, internal auditors etc.)
- Oversee all audit and internal control operations
- Develop the corporate fundraising strategy and manage relationships with partners and investors
- Prepare timely and detailed reports on financial performance on a quarterly and annual basis
- Conduct analysis to make forecasts and report to upper executives
- Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financial programs and
supporting information systems of the company to include budgeting, tax
planning, and conversation of assets.
- Approve and coordinate changes and improvements in automated financial and management information systems for the company.
- Supports the management in the preparation of budgets and
financial reports, including income statements, balance sheets and
forecast for future business growth.
- Ensure that effective internal controls are in place and ensure
compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulatory laws
and rules for financial and tax reporting.
- Oversee the approval and processing of revenue, expenditure,
and position control documents, department budgets, mass salary
updates, ledger, and account maintenance and data entry.
- Monitoring and interpreting cash flows and predicting future trends;
- Analysing change and advising accordingly;
- Formulating strategic and long-term business plans;
- Developing external relationships with appropriate contacts,
e.g. auditors, solicitors, bankers and statutory organisations such as
the Inland Revenue;
- Producing accurate financial reports to specific deadlines;
- Managing budgets;
- Arranging new sources of finance for a company’s debt facilities;
- Supervising staff;
- Keeping abreast of changes in financial regulations and legislation.
- Researching and reporting on factors influencing business performance;
- Analysing competitors and market trends;
- Developing financial management mechanisms that minimise financial risk;
- Conducting reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities;
- Managing a company’s financial accounting, monitoring and reporting systems;
- Liaising with auditors to ensure annual monitoring is carried out;
- Coordinate the preparation of financial statements, financial reports, special analyses and information reports.
- Develop and implement finance, accounting, billing, and auditing procedures.
- Interact with other managers to provide consultative support to
planning initiatives through financial and management information
analyses, reports, and recommendations.
- Ensure records systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards.
- Analyse cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide
business leaders. Analyze financial statements to pinpoint potential
- Provide recommendations to strategically enhance financial performance and business opportunities.
- Oversee financial management of foreign operations to include developing financial and budget policies and procedures.
- Providing and interpreting financial information;
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director and CFO.
- Experience in strategic planning and execution.
- Knowledge of contracting, negotiating, and change management.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting, and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight timeframes and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate group meetings.
- Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
- Comply and/or ensure compliance with regulatory guidelines as it relates to financial matters.
- Knowledge of automated financial and accounting reporting systems.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations.
- Ability to analyse financial data and prepare financial reports, statements, and projections.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting or any Finance related course.
- Minimum of 10 years post qualification working experience with
at least 5 years at Senior Management Level in a Corporate
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Innovative and pacesetter
- Not afraid to push the envelope
- Pioneers and inventors/innovators
- Team Player.
- Relevant Professional qualifications e.g. ICAN, ACCA
- Confident and capable
- In-depth knowledge of corporate finance and accounting principles, laws and best practices
- Solid knowledge of financial analysis and forecasting
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software (e.g. SAP)
- An analytical mind with a strategic ability
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 15th November, 2016.