Ford Motor Company, a global automotive industry leader based in
Dearborn, Mich., manufactures or distributes automobiles across six
continents. With about 172,000 employees and 65 plants worldwide, the
company’s automotive brands include Ford and Lincoln.
provides financial services through Ford Motor Credit Company.
Ford Motor Company is recruiting to fill the job position of:
Job Title: Launch Engineer
- The Launch Engineer is responsible for representing Ford in its partners production KD plant in Nigeria.
- To ensure adherence to Ford Quality and Environmental Standards.
- Select the Pre-Delivery Product Specialists and provide leadership and direction to the group
- Support all pre-production builds beginning with Tool Trails built phase.
- Conduct Nova C and Fresh Eyes reviews
- Assist the Product Specialists to develop preliminary Quality Process Sheets and job instruction sheets for training
- Develop an area specific training plan with the Launch Planning & Workforce Readiness Leader
- Prepare show vehicles
- Develop and implement an onsite modifications (retrofit) plan to change out parts
- Develop and coordinate an advanced quality plan that:
- Ensures that the timing and objectives are met to satisfy or exceed all APQP elements
- Assists all plant areas to exceed the craftsmanship standards
- Resolve all Delta and Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards (FMVSS) issues with the plant Government Regulations Coordinator
- Implement the Quality Leadership System (QLS) for the new model program
- Ensure all quality issues are being adequately resolved through the Automated Issue Management System (AIMS)
- Ensure the Ford Consumer Product Audit (FCPA) process is implemented and followed, and that all applicable targets are achieved
- Ensure Vehicle Operations (VO) Final Assembly Engineering (FAE) supplies capable processes
- Oversee the plant Variability Reduction Team’s (VRT) and ensure that proper controls are updated as necessary
- Establishes a plant Quality Operating System for the new model
- Review incoming parts inspection reports and other quality data
- Track PSW certification and ensure that the proper engineering levels of parts are being used
- Coordinate the color harmony event at the plant
- Assist purchasing with planning and execution of on-site supplier conferences
- Identify and track problem parts and suppliers with the Staff Supplier Technical Assistance Engineer
- Communicate incoming quality issues to the Plant Launch Manager and the affected area launch leaders
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge and understanding of ISO 9000 / ISO 14000 / TS 16949, SPC Knowledge and training and Measurement Systems Analysis
- Include everyone; respect, listen to, help and appreciate others
- Make sound decisions using facts and data
- Good in speaking, reading and writing English.
- Demonstrate and build functional and technical excellence
- Ensure process discipline
- Have a continuous improvement philosophy and practice
Qualifications & Experience
- National Diploma Mechanical, Electrical or Industrial Engineering
- 3 years motor industry or related work experience
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply