23 Nov 2016
Front Desk Officer Job in a topmost Business School in Lagos
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Work days; Monday to Saturday
Roles and Responsibilities
- Staff the Centre’s front office reception during standard business opening hours (8.00am – 5.00pm) and provide a high quality information service for visitors, staff and other customers across a broad range of business policies and practices, face-to-face, via telephone and email.
- Provide directional advice to students, visitors and staff, advising appropriate contacts within the business school, Faculty and wider school administration.
- Ensure departmental photocopy machines are supplied with paper, monitoring usage as well as carrying out photocopying as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a front desk procedure manual.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the entire reception and photocopy areas. This will include filling and wiping benches and making sure that amenities are full.
- Perform basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on equipment such as photocopiers, printers and faxes. Monitor equipment usage and book services and repairs as required.
- Develop an awareness of and be sensitive to issues relating to higher education students
- Liaison with business school staff, couriers as well as the general public;
- Coordinate the stationery for the school’s monitoring levels and ordering each fortnight.
- Coordinate the collection and distribution of mail for the business school and the booking of couriers.
- General support as well as scanning and filing for the finance department.
- Other tasks as required.
- Assist with the administration of financial matters relating to petty cash, cash advances and student payments.
- Communicate with recipients of petty cash reimbursements and cash advances to inform them the cash is ready and distributing cash. Maintain the safe key.
Level of Supervision / Independence:
- The incumbent will be expected to operate with some autonomy and to show initiative and a sense of responsibility for the effective operation of the office.
- The person in this role liaises with a range of students and staff to fill the requirements of this position.
- The Front Desk Officer will exercise judgment on work methods and task sequences in order to construct and use the most appropriate processes and procedures.
- The incumbent will apply a body of knowledge, and will demonstrate the ability to assess the best approach to a given task.
- The Front Desk Officer will be regularly required to resolve problems associated with the position's day-to-day activities. Direction, guidance and advice on the more complex issues will be available from the Administrative Officer.
- The incumbent requires some knowledge of higher education policies and procedures, the higher education environment and structure and a sound level of professional skill and a good understanding of modern office technologies and practices.
- The incumbent will be expected to prioritize work and arrange work patterns to meet daily and weekly demands.
- The position requires the incumbent to liaise with other staff at all levels including students, lecturers and administration staff, as well as members of other departments in the business school.
- The incumbent is expected to be proficient in the use of word processing and spreadsheet packages will be expected to maintain current databases.
- The initiation and implementation of improved processes and procedures is also required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae to: email@example.com
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.