MasterMindsHRSG Management Consulting, invites applications for
qualified candidates to fill the vacant position below in one of the
topmost Business School in Lagos:
Job Title: Front Desk Officer
Work days; Monday to Saturday
Roles and Responsibilities
- Staff the Centre’s front office reception during standard
business opening hours (8.00am – 5.00pm) and provide a high quality
information service for visitors, staff and other customers across a
broad range of business policies and practices, face-to-face, via
telephone and email.
- Provide directional advice to students, visitors and staff,
advising appropriate contacts within the business school, Faculty and
wider school administration.
- Ensure departmental photocopy machines are supplied with paper,
monitoring usage as well as carrying out photocopying as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a front desk procedure manual.
- Ensure the cleanliness of the entire reception and photocopy
areas. This will include filling and wiping benches and making sure
that amenities are full.
- Perform basic troubleshooting, repair and maintenance on
equipment such as photocopiers, printers and faxes. Monitor equipment
usage and book services and repairs as required.
- Develop an awareness of and be sensitive to issues relating to higher education students
- Liaison with business school staff, couriers as well as the general public;
- Coordinate the stationery for the school’s monitoring levels and ordering each fortnight.
- Coordinate the collection and distribution of mail for the business school and the booking of couriers.
- General support as well as scanning and filing for the finance department.
- Other tasks as required.
- Assist with the administration of financial matters relating to petty cash, cash advances and student payments.
- Communicate with recipients of petty cash reimbursements and
cash advances to inform them the cash is ready and distributing cash.
Maintain the safe key.
Job Complexity, Skills, Knowledge
Level of Supervision / Independence:
- The incumbent will be expected to operate with some autonomy
and to show initiative and a sense of responsibility for the effective
operation of the office.
- The person in this role liaises with a range of students and staff to fill the requirements of this position.
Problem Solving and Judgement:
- The Front Desk Officer will exercise judgment on work methods
and task sequences in order to construct and use the most appropriate
processes and procedures.
- The incumbent will apply a body of knowledge, and will demonstrate the ability to assess the best approach to a given task.
- The Front Desk Officer will be regularly required to resolve
problems associated with the position’s day-to-day activities.
Direction, guidance and advice on the more complex issues will be
available from the Administrative Officer.
Professional and Organizational Knowledge:
- The incumbent requires some knowledge of higher education
policies and procedures, the higher education environment and structure
and a sound level of professional skill and a good understanding of
modern office technologies and practices.
- The incumbent will be expected to prioritize work and arrange work patterns to meet daily and weekly demands.
Breadth of the Position:
- The position requires the incumbent to liaise with other staff
at all levels including students, lecturers and administration staff,
as well as members of other departments in the business school.
- The incumbent is expected to be proficient in the use of word
processing and spreadsheet packages will be expected to maintain
- The initiation and implementation of improved processes and procedures is also required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their application letters and detailed Curriculum Vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline 30th November, 2016.