GE is the world’s Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with
software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive
Through our people, leadership development, services,
technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers
by speaking the language of industry.
GE Healthcare is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Primary and Referral Care Commercial Leader – Africa
Job Number: 2711711
Business: GE Healthcare
Business Segment: Healthcare Sustainable Solutions
- Primary and Referral Care Commercial Leader will be responsible
for engaging early with care providers and healthcare infrastructure
investors, assessing systemic design of the care delivery pathways,
build holistic solutions to the problems associated with the care
continuum helping providers decide interventions to deliver efficiency
- The role will be handling the overall portfolio of Care Area Healthcare Solutions.
- Grow business by leveraging existing GE capabilities to develop
& implement a scalable primary & referral care solution that
addresses the lack of skilled staff, poor referral network and
infrastructure to impact maternal & neonatal mortality rates in
- Lead the customer’s account relationship including establish
monthly operating rhythm, organize and lead customer management
committee meetings, identify marketing and promotional opportunities and
create performance dashboards as well as initiate strategic
- Managing the Sales process, identifying and executing
simplification initiatives, driving market share and working with all
other departments (price, structure & close) larger strategic
- Engage closely with GTM teams in the SHS regions to help engage
in meaningful dialogues with customers, position the value around care
areas and drive collaborative and co-creative approach to solution
- Act as the Care Area One GE face in front of the customer and
coordinate all GE stakeholders for the projects he is responsible for
from inception to closure.
- Support Care Area GM & Primary and Referral Care team in
conjunction with LCT intact teams team to drive continuous operational
simplification, optimal proposal management and quoting processes and
- Fully understand the terms and conditions of the customer
specific contract and delivery requirements, ensure contract terms are
met by GE and its contractors at all times specially implementation with
conjunction with Program managers.
- Drive the prioritization of core needs/problems across the care
area working closely with Go-To-Market (GTM) teams, marketing, design
and clinical resources.
- Commercialize existing GE primary care initiatives, cultivating
and leveraging current primary projects to scale it up across Africa
addressing governments/institution’s needs.
- Develop “Total Addressable Problem” market map of opportunities
for the said care area addressing different segments of customers –
primary, secondary, tertiary, private and government.
- Forecast sales opportunities, creating and executing strategic
business plans to transfer growth and profitability, ensuring targets
for orders, revenues and margins are achieved/exceeded.
- Leverage current GE government/institution’s relations to
establish strong relationships with healthcare authorities and financing
- Translate evidence-backed claims to value propositions that
articulate the need, capability and credibility of solutions for the
given care area. Own the master collateral for the care area.
- Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 10 years of sales experience
(Banking/finance/healthcare development subjects or business development
- Minimum of 10 years of progressive high level C suite selling, sales experience in relevant industry.
- Demonstrated excellent leadership and team building skills with
experience of at least 5 years of Leading a Commercial and Execution
- Excellent leadership and communication skills with ability to
motivate and carry together diverse teams towards a common goal, using
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment.
- English and French speaking.
- Demonstrated ability to work directly with governments, big hospitals and engaging at ministry/CxO levels.
- Ability to analyze, validate and create strong value
propositions coupled with in-depth technology solutions (Preferable
International Healthcare projects development market space).
- Comprehensive knowledge of Industry-related financial analysis, bid proposal, and risk, tax and legal principles and analysis.
- MBA (or equivalent) degree from an institution of repute.
- Indirect management experience; managing in a matrix organization.
- Contract Compliance Experience.
- Strong Process Management Skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications.
- Previous experience selling GEHC Solutions (Equipment, Education & service).
- Experience building frameworks and metrics to track outcomes from care pathway solutions
- Innovation – develop new ideas through collaboration and execute on creative ideas
- Proven ability to work globally.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply