2 Nov 2016
GE Nigeria Job for a Regional Application & Requisition Engineer
development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
GE is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Regional Application & Requisition Engineer
Job Number: 2769531
Business: GE Power
Business Segment: Power Power Services
- This position involves scope to cover both (Proposal) ITO and (Execution) OTR for legacy Alstom GT. The ITO scope includes preparing Standard inspection, Conversion, Modification & Uprate (CM&U) technical proposals mainly for legacy Alstom Gas turbines (including research, technical description, performance, emissions and cost definition
- In this role you will utilize conceptual thinking and the ability to quickly determine applicability of GE technology to support the growing market in the MEA region.
- Provide engineering leadership and have responsibility for all technical aspects of assessing each opportunity upfront for feasibility.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations at customer meetings and conferences.
- Promote and contribute to business programs (cost reduction, continuous improvement, workout, business teams, etc.).
- Lead system level / fleet wide proposal activities.
- Review and own proposal related metrics.
- The engineering scope is well documented and defined for the execution team
- The plant as maintained is updated after outage
- Identify risk areas and address technical issues inherent with retrofitting GE gas equipment.
- Review customer specifications and ensure offering satisfies requirements and identify exceptions and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate with customers, GE regional and headquarters sales and operations support, EED components, and key Core Power Services organizations to ensure the CM&U proposal is compatible with the unit, the customer needs, GE design standards and established quoting limits.
- BS degree or above in a Mechanical or equivalent technical discipline
- Minimum of 5 years of engineering experience
- Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge
- Fluency in English, ability to communicate with local customers & suppliers
- A Minimum of 3 years of gas turbine, steam turbine and generator product knowledge discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in Nigeria
- A valid NYSC discharge or exemption certificate will be required (please indicate clearly on your resume)
- Demonstrated ability to represent GE in customer communication & discussions
- Demonstrated ability to work with a cross-functional team in a global environment
- Proven record of responsiveness in offering disposition to various stakeholders (regional/global) including customer, service managers, design/repair center of excellence
- Extensive background with Gas and Steam Turbine, generator product line. Experience on Alstom Gas Turbine is preferred
- Proven track record for delivering results and leading teams in a dynamic business environment
- Strong customer focus mindset
- Fluency in English ability to communicate with local customers & suppliers
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification (GE employees only)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Should be team player
- Experience and demonstrated success working in a cross-functional environment
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.