Hamilton Lloyd and Associates – Our client is a start–up healthcare
company headquartered in the UK with presence in Nigeria and with
immediate expansion plans across Africa; with a focus on the delivery of
specialized digital healthcare services across the country.
As part of
the set-up of the Nigeria office, they are looking to hire young,
vibrant and driven candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Brand Manager
- The Brand Manager shall be responsible for leading and managing
the uncovering of customer insights and delivering innovative marketing
- The individual must be able to work in a fast paced, small,
entrepreneurial environment and will generate strategies that will grow
market share and brand’s reputation, improve customer experience and
- Brand Plan Development – develop a plan that achieves company
targets. This will include, but is not limited to, advertising,
program/promotions, and research. Must be able to work collaboratively
with agencies/vendors and internal resources to drive superior market
- Take brand ownership and provide the vision, mission, goals and strategies to match up to.
- Program management and execution – manage the day-to-day
logistics of the brand programs. Own timeline management, budget, and
- Translate brand strategies into brand plans, brand positioning and go-to-market strategies.
- New product development – utilize consumer-driven insights to
drive long-term growth of the brand. Translates insights into profitable
product innovations. Develops selling proposition and sufficient launch
support plans to retail.
- Measure and report performance of all marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs).
- Coach the team and get the best from everyone
- Oversee marketing and advertising activities to ensure consistency with product line strategy.
- Monitor product distribution and consumer reactions.
- Brainstorm new and innovative growth strategies.
- Align the company around the brand’s direction, choices and tactics.
- Market Analysis – provide consumption based data analysis for
the brand. Provide insight and support to the enterprise to better
understand market trends and dynamics. Also, identify opportunities in
markets where there are unmet needs.
- Lead creative development and create motivating stimulus to get targeted population to “take action”
- Business Forecasting/Results – work with sales, demand planning,
and contract vendors to generate accurate volume forecasts. Deliver
results for the brand level P&L focusing on net sales and brand
- Establish performance specifications, cost and price parameters, market applications and sales estimates
- Sales – provide the sales organization with presentation
materials for retailer presentations using category management best
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with MBA in Marketing or equivalent work experience.
- Experience Required: Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Proven working experience as brand manager
- Strategic Leadership – ability to drive both short and long-term brand growth and profitability.
- Drive for results and leaderships skills
- Analytical – ability to convert analysis into insights, sustainable strategies, and actionable plans.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
- Excellent command of the English language
- Highly creative with ability to think out of box
- Not afraid to push the envelope
- Motivation to work hard and have a track record of performance
- Team Player
- Up-to-date with latest trends and marketing best practices.
- Energized by an entrepreneurial environment – not afraid to do
things themselves to get things done. Comfortable making decisions with
limited information and resources. Self-reliant/proactive and has a
pioneering spirit. Takes initiative and follows-through on commitments
to achieve results.
- Experience in identifying target audiences and devising campaigns that engage, inform and motivate
- Proven ability to develop brand and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management.
- Must be comfortable working in an IT driven environment.
- Comfortable working with numbers, metrics and spreadsheets.
- Superior Critical Thinking and Problem Solving – resourceful at
achieving objectives/ results despite obstacles. Able to sort through
complex data to identify the core issues and develop a plan of action to
- Strong communication and influence skills – clear, concise, and
persuasive in style. Leads thinking of both marketing and
cross-functional counterparts and agencies. Ability to build strong
relationships with agency, cross-functional teams, and vendors.
- Advanced communication and interpersonal skills
- Innovative and pace setters
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
Note: Only successful candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 15th November, 2016