9 Nov 2016
HR Manager/Office Administrator Job in a Healthcare Company in Lagos
As part of the set-up of the Nigeria office, our client is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Manager/Office Administrator
- To plan, direct, and coordinate human resource activities of an organization and to maximize the strategic use of human resources and maintain functions such as employee compensation, recruitment, personnel policies, job evaluations, benefits, education and training programs and regulatory compliance.
- Plan, organize, direct and control or coordinate the personnel or labor relations activities of an organization.
- Develop and implement HR strategies and initiatives aligned with the overall business strategy
- Support current and future business needs through the development, engagement, motivation and preservation of human capital
- Develop and monitor overall HR strategies, systems, tactics and procedures across the organization
- Bridge management and employee relations by addressing demands, grievances or other issues
- Nurture a positive working environment
- Manage the recruitment and selection process
- Oversee and manage a performance appraisal system that drives high performance
- Maintain pay plan and benefits program
- Assess training needs to apply and monitor training programs
- Management of annual leave roster, post probation confirmations, data base management, and health, safety and environment services at the branch.
- Coordinate the resolution of specific policy-related and procedural problems and inquiries.
- Attend to employees grievances and complaints, provide guidance if necessary.
- Administer and explain benefits to employees, serve as liaison between employees and insurance carriers.
- Coordinate office activities and operations to secure efficiency and compliance to company policies
- Supervise administrative staff and divide responsibilities to ensure performance
- Manage agendas/travel arrangements/appointments etc. for the upper management
- Manage phone calls and correspondence (e-mail, letters, packages etc.)
- Support budgeting and bookkeeping procedures
- Create and update records and databases with personnel, financial and other data
- Track stocks of office supplies and place orders when necessary
- Submit timely reports and prepare presentations/proposals as assigned
- Assist colleagues whenever necessary
- Report to management and provide decision support through HR metrics
- Ensure legal compliance throughout human resource management
- Initiate and monitor the entire recruitment process, which consists of job posting, hiring, conducting recruitment exams (if any) and interviewing prospective candidates.
- Administer compensation, benefits and performance management systems, and safety and recreation programs.
- Perform difficult staffing duties, including dealing with understaffing, refereeing disputes, firing employees, and administering disciplinary procedures.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment, and recommend needed changes.
- Analyze and modify compensation and benefits policies to establish competitive programs and ensure compliance with legal requirements.
- Plan and conduct new employee orientation and induction process to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- Plan, direct, supervise, and coordinate work activities of subordinates and staff relating to employment, compensation, labor relations, and employee relations.
- Analyze training needs to design employee development, language training and health and safety programs.
- Maintain records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as hires, transfers, performance appraisals, and absenteeism rates.
- Coordination of Appraisal for the entire staff within the organization over a monthly or yearly basis and provision of rewards for exceptional performances.
- B.Sc in Human Resources, Social Science or any related field, CIPM or its equivalent will be of an added advantage.
- A Master’s degree in related field is required.
- 4-6 years of relevant experience within the human resource field.
- Knowledge of federal and state employment and benefit laws
- Ability to analyse data and provide recommendations.
- Proven working experience as HR manager or other HR executive
- People oriented and results driven
- Demonstrable experience with human resources metrics
- Knowledge of HR systems and databases
- Ability to architect strategy along with leadership skills
- Excellent active listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- Competence to build and effectively manage interpersonal relationships at all levels of the company
- Must have excellent skills in management techniques, budgeting, counselling, business planning, and organization and systems design.
- Adequate knowledge of all the human resources policies, including benefits, salary compensation, employment, equal opportunity, payroll, and career planning.
- Confident and capable
- Innovative and pacesetter
- Not afraid to push the envelope
- Pioneers and inventors/innovators
- Team Player
- In-depth knowledge of labour law and HR best practices
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Familiarity with office management procedures and basic accounting principles
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and office management software (ERP etc.)
- Must be a creative thinker and excellent team player
- Must be a good initiator and possess good negotiation skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.