3 Nov 2016
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Vacancy for a Purchaser
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 11/03/2016 12:20:00 pm Tags: Abuja Jobs , International Committee of the Red Cross , Purchasing Jobs
especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported by millions of volunteers.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC), Abuja Delegation, is looking for suitable candidate to fill the vacancy below:
Job Title: Purchaser
- Responsible for the procurement of all requested goods and Services for the ICRC Delegation in Abuja as well as for the ICRC Sub Delegations and offices in Nigeria securing the best correlation of quality, price and
- delivery time
- Acts as a focal point for processing Local Purchase Orders (LPOs)
- Ensures all required POs are entered and properly closed in the database Field Supply System (FSS)
- Updates and maintains knowledge about main suppliers; checks the market for potential new suppliers
- Liaises with Dispatch and Transport to decide on Transport mode and prioritize dispatch of cargo as well
- Follows eventual problems and suggests improvement in any part of the supply chain
- Undertakes any needed regularisation/correction in Procurement files. Must ensure that the Request for
- Quotation (RFQ) and Request for Tender (RFT) contains all relevant information to enable transparent selection of the best price, terms and conditions
- Bachelor Degree, Associate Degree or equivalent higher education degree in Administration, Logistics, Purchasing or similar field
- Advanced command of written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local languages (Hausa, Pidgin, etc.) is an asset
- Literate in Microsoft office. And experienced internet user
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Additional vocational training in administration, logistics or purchasing
- Minimum 2 years of experience in logistics, purchasing, administration or similar position in commercial or humanitarian sector
- Flexibility to adapt to new situations
- Very good negotiation and communication skills
- Ability to express views and ideas
- Team player within and out with the logistics department
- Capacity to integrate the ICRC logistic procedures
- Willingness to learn
- Responsibility and Autonomy
- Honest and Trustworthy.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified should send their application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org
- Please clearly indicate “Purchaser - Abuja" as the subject of your application
- (Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
- Late application will not be considered
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
- However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.