9 Nov 2016
IT Manager Vacancy in a Healthcare Company in Lagos
As part of the set-up of the Nigeria office, our client is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: IT Manager
- The IT Manager will lead the Information Technology unit in ensuring that the technology needs of the organization and its customers are met with the highest rate of return, value, and satisfaction.
- He/she will be responsible and accountable for the development and implementation of multiple ICT platform /projects within the limits of requirements, specifications, costs and timelines.
- Provide a wide range of networking and computer support services, involving the effective utilization, maintenance, updating, and enhancement of systems.
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintaining, and updating workstations, as well as diagnosing and resolving network and server connectivity issues
- Develop information technology strategy in support of the company’s mission and core objectives.
- Direct, control and motivate the staff of the information technology unit.
- Develop an annual business plan and operating budget for the department and monitor the implementation of these to ensure that the financial targets are met.
- Manage information technology and computer systems
- Plan, organise, control and evaluate IT and electronic data operations
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Act in alignment with user needs and system functionality to contribute to organizational policy
- Manage staff by recruiting, training and coaching employees, communicating job expectations and appraising their performance
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Handle annual budget and ensure cost effectiveness
- Accountable for the management, mentoring and career development of all IT staff.
- Defines and seeks approval for the level of IT resources required to meet these goals and priorities and schedules major projects.
- Direct the preparation and implementation of policies, procedures and standards relating to information and telecommunication systems.
- Responsible for researching and evaluating new technologies.
- Direct, attend and participate in staff meetings and related activities; attend workshops to keep up to date with Information Technology issues.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree BSc in Computer Science, or similar field.
- Experience Required: Minimum 5 years of related work experience.
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems.
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation.
- Excellent knowledge of advanced technologies including mobile computing, data warehousing and health information exchange systems
- Excellent leadership and management skills
- Innovative and pacesetter.
- Not afraid to push the envelope
- Motivation to work hard and have a track record of performance
- Team Player
- Proven working experience as an IT manager or relevant experience
- Excellent knowledge of technical management, information analysis and of computer hardware/software systems
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance
- Hands-on experience with computer networks, network administration and network installation
- Ability to manage personnel
- Expertise in data centre management and data governance.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Only successful candidates will be contacted.
- Kindly make the subject of the mail the job title
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.