30 Nov 2016
Job for a Quality Engineer at Cummins Nigeria
systems. Headquartered in Columbus, Indiana, (USA) Cummins currently employs approximately 48,000 people worldwide and serves customers in approximately 190 countries and territories through a network of approximately 600 company-owned and independent distributor locations and approximately 6,800 dealer locations. Cummins earned $1.48 billion on sales of $17.3 billion in 2013.
Cummins is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Quality Engineer
- Applies the principles of product quality planning, evaluation, and control in support of the manufacturing and installation operations of the organization.
- Responsible for applicable systems related to plant customer issues such as corrective action requests, supplier corrective action requests, nonconforming material reports, etc.
- Leads containment activities.
- Facilitates continuous improvement quality activities to reduce the potential for defects, and ensures continual improvement in process and product design.
- Ensures products and process development meet quality standards.
- Identifies problems, prioritizes actions, leads or participates in Six Sigma projects.
- Participates in change management activities by verifying products and processes, developing key measures, and analyzing data for decision support.
- Conducts audits of processes and quality systems.
- Works with purchasing to improve the quality of purchased parts.
- Serve as a quality technical resource to other functional areas.
- Improve and maintain plant RFT score to 85% and above.
- Reduce and maintain plant Warranty and BIS to 15,000PPM and below.
- Reduce any quality disruption to production.
- Procure replacement parts for to mitigate production disruptions.
- Some technical knowledge for repairs of failed gensets
- Written And Verbal - Effectively expresses messages and ideas in a clear, organized and relevant manner for a variety of audiences.
- Develops organized, complete, and convincing communications. Conveys thoughts and ideas regarding a topic concisely and clearly.
- Uses appropriate style, grammar, and tone in informal and/or formal business messages. Reviews and edits written work constructively. Uses visual aids that are effective and appropriate for communication medium. Delivers messages with the desired effect.
- Prepares necessary support materials for meetings which may include agendas and/or pre-read documents. Uses appropriate tone and body language to deliver messages.
- Separates personal biases from fact. Expresses messages in a positive manner, focusing on strengths rather than weaknesses. Ability to use appropriate communication tools as needed (WebEx, Same Time, video conferencing, teleconferencing, Visio, MS Project, etc.).
- Ability to communicate without increasing either the employee's or employer liability.
- Ability to communicate effectively to different levels of the organization.
- Communicates information at a level appropriate for the intended audience. Effectively presents messages to individuals and/or small and large groups.
- Ability to communicate appropriately for various time zones, differing cultures, and differing languages.
- Problem Solving And Quality Improvement:
- Problem Solving and Improvement approaches, including understanding of tools/process type and selection, plus Corrective and Preventive Action processes.
- Product Or Service Familiarization:
- Understanding of the product line or services of the specific business of which the person is a part (i.e., plant, performance cell, etc).
- Quality System Development, Implementation And Verification:
- Identify and integrate common elements such as design and process control, management responsibility, document control etc. Quality auditing planning, preparation and execution.
- Vpi (Value Package Introduction):
- Understanding of the Cummins VPI process, its phases, cross functional activities and responsibilities.
- College, university, or equivalent degree required.
- Intermediate level of relevant work experience required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.