The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is the largest humanitarian network in the world. Its mission is to alleviate human suffering, protect life and health, and uphold human dignity especially during armed conflicts and other emergencies. It is present in every country and supported
by millions of volunteers.
The International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement is dedicated to preventing and alleviating human suffering in warfare and in emergencies such as epidemics, floods and earthquakes.
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer
- Responsible for the supply chain administration for the different
departments of the sub-delegation, as well as between the sub-delegation
and other offices, also between the sub-delegation and the delegation
- Administers the entire procurement process from the start of a request until delivery to the client or the warehouse
- Deals with inquiries regarding Requisition Orders (RO) status and provides feed back to the requesting departments
- Establishes and maintains the documentation process for tracking and monitoring for each RO
- Liaises with transportation and warehousing functions of the LOG
department to ensure smooth functioning of the supply chain process
- Investigates, monitors and make recommendations in case of delayed supply chain processes
- Replaces the purchaser when needed
- High school level or business and administration education
- 1 year work experience in a similar field
- Good command of written and spoken English
- Driving license
- Good capacity for negotiation and communication
- Good knowledge of the local market
- Excellent command of computers, including WORD and EXCEL programs
- Rigorous, methodical and accurate
- High organizational skills
- Honesty & integrity
- Able to cope with stressful situations
- Affinity to coach colleagues in Logistics procedures
- Resistance to stress, to work under pressure
- Ability and willingness to learn
Job Title: Air Operations (AirOps) Assistant
- Co-ordination of all concerned actors in relation to ICRC flights in Maiduguri
- Providing guidance and assistance to passengers and non-AirOps ICRC units in Maiduguri
- Provide AirOps support as a liaison person between the sub-delegation in Maiduguri and the AirOps base in Abuja
- Brief all passengers and concerned ICRC units about ICRC AirOps guidelines and procedures
- Co-ordinate with the Car-Pool unit to organize pickups/drops offs of passengers to and from the airport when required
- Organize for fuel for the RED using the local fuellers in Maiduguri.
- Prepare applications for airside clearances for ICRC personnel and
aircrews to be submitted to airport security forces and related agencies
- Provide adequate reporting about all AirOps activities in Maiduguri to the Air Operations Manager.
- University Degree in aviation management and/or combination of education, professional training,
- certification in air transport, and experience in air transportation related occupation required.
- Additional vocational training in logistics or aviation an asset.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible flight operations work experience with an Airline, Flight
- Briefing Office, Ground Handling Company or Airport Operator.
- Previous experience with a Humanitarian agency would be an added advantage.
- Advanced level in computer skills (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) including working knowledge of Flight
- planning systems.
- General knowledge of the Aviation industry.
- Good command of written and spoken English.
- Driving licence.
- Succeeded in ICRC driving test.
- Capability to work independently.
- Aptitude to work under pressure.
- Good communication skills.
- High organizational and assessment skills.
- Willing to adapt and learn
How to Apply
Persons interested and qualified should send application letter, curriculum vitae and contact details of three referees to
Please clearly indicate “AirOps Maiduguri” or “Supply Chain Officer Yola” as the subject of your application
(Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated)
Late application will not be considered
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
However, ICRC will not request for any monetary payments from applicants at any stage of the recruitment process. The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.