1 Nov 2016
Latest Jobs in Port Harcourt, Rivers State at Atlantis Allied Farms
Job Title: Agric Graduate Trainee
- Atlantis Allied Farms offers prospective job opportunity to Agric graduates: Are you an Agric graduate? Are you passionate about Agri-business? Do you wish to be trained for 2 months with a job prospect after your training? if YES, read the requirements and contact the concerned email below
- Must have minimum of HND/B.Agric or B.Sc in Agric related discipline.
- Must have minimum of 1 year crop production field practical experience.
- Must have NYSC discharged certificate.
- Must be efficient and able to overcome pressure at work.
- Age not more than 30 years.
- Must be located in Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
Job Title: Agric Business Development Manager
Function: Commercial & Communication
- Identify, conceptualize and develop new opportunities and businesses in the agricultural sector
- Co-ordinate with key institutions relevant to agricultural sector and its value chain including Government, Development partners, Communities, Financial Institutions, Regulatory Agencies etc.
- Prepare cash flow projections or financial models to model business processes or actual or hypothetical transactions
- Identifying suitable sources of capital for new and existing businesses
- Preparing necessary marketing materials including project concepts, proposals and business plans, pitch books and investment teasers
- Project coordination, implementation, monitoring and evaluation
- Prepare periodic sectoral review reports and analysis for executive management’s decision making process
- Identify and conceptualize viable and realistic projects that address market needs
- Realization of new business projects
- Possess a first Degree in either Agronomy or Agronomics (Agricultural Economics)
- Possess a minimum of 3 years proven track record in agribusiness development
- Have excellent communication skills (oral and written) and negotiation skills
- Be strong in research and analytical skills
- Have advanced report writing and presentation skills
- Have project development and management skills
- Have excellent interpersonal/networking skills
- Have good personal judgement, initiative, creativity and maturity
- Be able and willing to travel widely within Nigeria away from Job Location for extended periods of time
- Be versatile with Microsoft office tools
- Ability to work under minimum supervision
Job Title: Farm Manager
- The role of farm manager is basically no longer a case of looking after a small plot with a few animals.
- But some of those have large scale contracts with major supermarkets so it has gone from a domestic one to one that involves international dimensions.
- The Common Agricultural Policy in Europe demonstrates it.
- Therefore there is a requirement for someone that is able to excel at this level.
The duties and responsibilities of someone that has been in the role of farm manager include the following:
- General Farm Maintenance: The farm manager has to manage the general maintenance of the farm.
- Financial Management: He or she will have financial management responsibilities and will have to fulfill that.
- Commissioning Roles: He or she will have to perform the duties of commissioning and purchasing
- Staff Supervision: He or she will have to do the staff supervision at all levels.
- Marketing: He or she has to do the marketing on a national level.
- Management Skills: The candidate needs to possess the management skills to manage the farm perfectly.
- Financial Skills: He or she should have the financial skills to manage the financial department.
- Marketing Skills: The candidate should have the skills of marketing as he or she will have to do the marketing work.
- Communication Skills: He or she needs to have communication skills both verbally and written.
- Awareness of the Field: He or she should have the general awareness of agricultural processes, methods and procedures.
- Basic Degree: The candidate needs to have a Degree or Higher National Diploma in Agriculture which is a basic degree.
- Some knowledge of the latest farming technique
- Marketing qualifications: The candidate should possess the marketing qualifications as will have to do the marketing.
- The candidate should have managerial qualifications to do the management.
Job Title: Farm Attendant
- Candidates should possess a minimum of SSCE.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume with Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.