Bradfield Consulting Limited – Our client, a reputable Lagos State Law
firm situated in is looking for an experienced, suitably qualified
candidate to provide legal advice to clients in the position below:
Job Title: Legal Counsel
- Legal Advice
- Intellectual Property
- The legal Counsel Represent clients in litigations and other
legal proceedings, draw up legal documents, and manage or advise clients
on legal transactions.
- Drafting and reviewing of Agreement
- Court Appearance
- Legal Research
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
- Conduct legal research and gathering of evidence to formulate
defence or to initiate legal actions, by such means as interviewing
clients and witnesses to ascertain the facts of a case.
- Provide expert and strategic legal advice to management
- Draft agreements that minimize risks and maximize legal rights
- Working in a team, sometimes referring cases to the head of department;
- Supervising and delegating work to trainee solicitors, paralegals and legal secretaries as appropriate;
- Issuing of engagement letters to clients;
- Ensuring prompt approval of draft/work submitted;
- Mastering case file and contributing to court presentation;
- Ensuring case files are neatly ordered;
- Ensuring filing of all processes and letters received;
- Supervising processing of record of proceeding/court orders;
- Review progress of outstanding litigation and liaise with and manage external lawyers.
- Drafting documents, letters and contracts tailored to the client’s individual needs;
- Represent clients in court or before government agencies.
- Prepare and draft legal documents, such as wills, deeds, patent applications, mortgages, leases, and contracts.
- Prepare legal briefs and opinions, and file appeals in state and federal courts of appeal.
- Broad, overview experience in intellectual property law, including patent law, licensing of IP rights and IP due diligence.
- Confer with colleagues with specialties in appropriate areas of legal issue to establish and verify bases for legal proceedings.
- Perform administrative, Secretarial and management functions related to the practice of law.
- Negotiating with clients and other professionals to secure agreed objectives;
- Meeting and interviewing clients to establish the firm’s
suitability to provide the necessary advice and services, based on the
firm’s specialism and likely cost;
- Perform other duties as required.
Skills and Competencies
The candidate must demonstrate:
- Good Communication Skills
- Organizational Skills
- Reading and Writing skills
- Microsoft Office skills
- Customer/Client Focus.
- Collaboration Skills.
- Analytical Skills
- Leadership Skills
- Feedback &Reporting skills
Education and Experience
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) degree from a recognised University.
- A minimum of Second Class Lower (2.2) degree from Law School.
- Supervision and have a sound understanding and awareness of
litigation processes and the application of civil procedure rules
- Sound staff management experience (desirable)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators of Nigeria (ICSAN) will be an added advantage
- LL.M degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 4 years post-law school required.
- Have experience in conducting and managing litigation confidently with limited
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply