18 Nov 2016
Livelihood Officer Vacancy at CANADEM
CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience with emergency mental health and psychosocial support (MHPSS) who are available for an immediate deployment to Maiduguri, Nigeria as a seconded expert with IOM for a 6-month contract.
Job Title: IOM-Livelihood Officer (MHPSS)
Project Officer (Livelihood)
Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Under the guidance of the PSS Project Officer, monitor and coordinate the operational planning and implementation of key livelihood assistance services delivered under the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support portfolio.
- Coordinate closely with the national project assistant and the psychosocial support project officer to ensure that livelihoods targets are being reached in accordance with the MHPSS work plans.
- Work as part of team on the development of a strategy to maximize IOM assistance in the areas of livelihood, MHPSS, peace building and conflict prevention, and other durable solutions for internally displaced populations and refugees.
- Draft new standard operating procedures (SOPs) and forms where required and also refine existing project implementation tools and methodologies for efficient and effective implementation of IOM's interventions in the livelihoods sector.
- Assist the Programme Manager and Project Development Unit in preparing narrative reports as required by the donor and IOM.
- Represent IOM at Early Recovery, livelihood and cash transfer related meetings and working groups and meetings.
- Explore the possibilities for IOM to implement additional early recovery and cash-based programming and support in drafting related concept nots and proposals.
- Conduct regular field monitoring visits and evaluations of project activities, including impact evaluations. Facilitate reviews conducted by consultants.
- Working closely with team members, identify trends in the data that can inform the prioritization of organizational resources and inform future policy on community stabilization.
- Assist in identifying and monitoring external expertise required for livelihood assessments, project reviews, strategic planning, and evaluations.
- Provide technical livelihoods guidance to IOM MHPSS activities in North East Nigeria in line with established methodologies. Ensuring technical integrity is maintained and provide inputs on specific issues, such as market linkages and value chain management.
- Liaise with project partners, government officials, other programme stakeholders, and relevant counterparts. Represent IOM in the relevant sector working group.
- Assist in ensuring compliance with IOM and donor requirements including guidelines, rules, and regulations, such as the field procurement manual.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
- Takes responsibility and manages constructive criticism;
- Works effectively with all clients and stakeholders;
- Promotes continuous learning; communicates clearly;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment;
- Incorporates gender-related needs, perspectives, and concerns, and promotes equal gender participation;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions;
- Works with internal and external stakeholders to meet resource needs of IOM.
- Takes initiative and drives high levels of performance management;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility;
- Displays mastery of subject matter;
- Delivers on set objectives in hardship situations;
- Effectively coordinates actions with other implementing partners;
- Works effectively with local authorities, stakeholders, beneficiaries, and the broader community to advance country office or regional objectives.
- Works effectively in high-pressure, rapidly changing environments;
- Coordinates actions with emergency response actors and making use of coordination structures;
- Supports adequate levels of information sharing between internal units, cluster partners, IOM and other emergency response actors;
- Establishes and maintains effective relationships with implementing partners;
- Makes correct decisions rapidly based on available information.
- Master's degree in Development Studies, Business Management, Socio-Economic Development, Private Sector Development and Rural Development or a related field from an accredited academic institution with two years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with four years of relevant professional experience.
- Required: English (fluent)
- Desired: Haussa, Kanuri
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send an updated resume, date of availability, your current location, and a phone number where we can reach you to: pantiwa.naksomboon@CANADEM.ca Please include in a Subject Line: "IOM-Livelihood Officer-Nigeria."
- Please register with CANADEM before contacting us. This can be done on our website at: www.canadem.ca/register
- Please also forward blank referee questionnaire that can be found at: www.canadem.ca/rqf to two of your references (recent supervisors preferred). Full instructions on how to complete the forms are included in the document; also please send us any evaluation report that you may have about your field work. We will be considering applications as they are received
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.