18 Nov 2016
Marie Stopes International Job in Nigeria for a Community Mobilisation and Marketing Officer
one of the largest Non-Governmental provider of family planning in the world. MSION uses modern management and marketing techniques to meet the needs of the underserved and dramatically improve access to high quality family planning and other reproductive health services in Nigeria.
The post holder is required to demonstrate: initiative; energy; persistence; results orientation; drive; integrity and discretion; enthusiasm; and commitment to personal development to further MSI’s partnership mission of enabling individuals to have children by choice not chance.
Marie Stopes International Organisation Nigeria (MSION) is currently recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Community Mobilisation and Marketing Officer
Location: Gombe, Nigeria
Reporting to: Regional Manager (North East)
- Analysis and identification of key targets from a range of potential client groups
- Activities with agreed target groups that result in them using MSION strategic services (O/R, SF, SM, clinic)
- Reflection and reporting on impact of CMMO activities and to management with recommendations on service provision
- Using the geographical boundaries develop a clear list of potential target groups by segment, identifying issues that affect community to access, utilization and uptake of RH, long acting contraception and family planning services
- Document a database of contacts and interests to track input
- Make choices on whom to target when, why and how
- Establish and maintain relationships with the media and other networks
- List local leaders (Govt, non-government, religious etc)
- Identify promotion partners (eg SF owners)
- Monthly activity plans developed and shared
- Development and disbursement of information along agreed lines appropriate to the segment
- Meetings to deliver training
- Brand promotion
- Selection, mentoring, coaching, training and management of community volunteers
- Systematic meetings with key groups (advertising, promotional meetings, door to door etc)
- Routine monitoring and reporting of all activities and their impact
- Client satisfaction surveys
- Recommendations to management and colleagues on adjustments needed to services
- Identification and documentation of case studies
- Meetings with service providers to report feedback
- 1st degree in any discipline
- Able to communicate fluently in the local Nigerian Language
- Good understanding of the local area and ability to investigate and analyse
- Fluent in spoken and written English
- Must be able to speak with authority and confidence about community attitudes and family planning. They must therefore have knowledge gained through study or equivalent professional experience on modern contraception, health services and local community organisation
- Computer literate is an advantage
- Essential to this work is demonstrated drive and creativity to find new ways of communication and engaging with potential clients across a range of market segments with specific examples of when you have found new ways to resolve a project issue.
- Experience in managing volunteers an advantage
- Strong organizational abilities that enable you to manage your workload, follow through on objectives and meet deadlines
- Proven communications, presentation and negotiation skills. You must be able to “sell” the services that MSION offers in a way that attracts support and report clearly and without prejudice on outcomes
- Demonstrated empathy in working in underserved communities and working to impact on the lives of women
- Networking skills are essential
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV's and suitability statement as a single attachment to: email@example.com
- The subject of the email should be the Position Title/Location and the CV/Suitability statement should be saved in the applicant's full name.
- MSION is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to achieving gender balance within the organization. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.