Job Title: Market Development Manager
Industry/Sector: Information Technology
- H/She will be responsible for developing market segments for the
organisation as well as promoting products and services to potential
and existing customers.
- H/She will be responsible for the development and delivery of
the market strategy and position the company’s products and services to
ensure they provide a solid value proposition for our target customers.
- Identification, mapping and engagement of uncontested market space;
- Provide leadership for Outside-in Market Strategy Development
- Provide strategic market insights for product value innovation;
- Demonstrate an aptitude for working collaboratively, hosting
multi-disciplinary workshops and developing ideas in an innovation
- Attend trade shows and conferences to support launches and gather competitive information as required
- Definition of the new product and business models- Market Fit
- Drive strategy for new products-to-market.
- Externally focused to ensure the market place is understood and
that the products, services and initiatives are positioned correctly to
- Manage the products and services budget and work closely with
Finance and Operations to ensure products and services deliver a clear
- Be the single point of contact for project managers, customer
engagement manager, domain experts, business development teams and
marketing for matters relating to the products and services internally.
- A knowledge or willingness to learn the emerging innovative applications of IT and Internet of things across several sectors
- Be able to lead through competence and command of the subject
matter and be happy to present to large audiences on matters of the
products and services.
- Undertake any other duties as may reasonably be required in line
with the level of responsibility of the post and in order to meet the
changing needs of the Company.
- Provide direction and support to members of the extended team
- Develop and report key performance indicators for the unit to the Director, Emerging Business Unit;
- Monitor staff performances and encourage development within the team;
- Promote a climate of accountability, openness, collaboration and innovation.
- Work closely with suppliers to develop market focused products and services under-pinned by solid business cases
- Understand customer needs to ensure products and services meet
those needs and engage intimately with customers on an ongoing basis
- Work closely with project management to ensure that products and
services related projects are on schedule and aligned with customer
- Anticipate problems and implement systems to avoid them.
Products and services managers need to be proactive and action-oriented.
- B.Sc. in any Business related discipline such as Economics,
Business Administration, Marketing, Information Systems, and Business
- An MBA is an added advantage
- A professional certification is an added advantage
- A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience in a similar role with at least 3 years in a leadership role
- Candidate must be passionate about creating new digital/IT
solutions, and driving market engagement strategies within targeted
sectors in order to grow the uptake of innovative IT products and
- Market Development
- Process Optimisation/Improvement
- Innovation Management
- Business Intelligence
- Performance Management
- Negotiation Skills
- Product Development
- Strategy Formulation
- Strategy Implementation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should kindly forward their CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Please indicate “Market Development Manager” as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 9th December, 2016.