Mines Advisory Group (MAG) saves lives and builds futures by working
with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to
reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create
safe and secure conditions for development.
MAG shared the 1997 Nobel
Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban
Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure
future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and
Mines Advisory Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Manager
About the Role
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno state, you will be responsible for setting up a base to support the new project.
- The Base Manager will have a wide range of duties and
responsibilities including managing logistics, procurement, financial
and administrative services and finding suitable office / guesthouse
- As well as being security focal point you will be required to liaise with the communities and local authorities.
- You will need experience of working overseas in international
aid or development, ideally in a conflict / post conflict environment,
and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with
- Our ideal candidate will have a flexible and proactive approach to work who enjoys working with a multi-cultural team.
- It is essential that you are fluent in English language and knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
- You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often
remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and
work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and
MAG’s work is most.
- This is a varied role that will require proven experience of
implementing and managing logistics, HR, administration and finance
systems, including setting up a new base.
- As a security focal point in a high risk location, you will need experience of monitoring a dynamic security situation.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The total salary package for these types of positions tends to be £35,868 – £39,012 per annum.
- Please Click Here to see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and
need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You’ll have a minimum
of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Nigeria is a hardship
programme staff are also be entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
- Insurance: All international staff are
automatically covered by MAG’s comprehensive insurance package
including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by
natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance
including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should download the Candidate Information Pack , fill and return the Application Form in the Pack to: email@example.com