3 Nov 2016
Mines Advisory Group (MAG) Vacancy for a Base Manager
MAG shared the 1997 Nobel Peace Prize as a founding member of the International Campaign to Ban Landmines for our work to ban landmines. Our vision is a safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
Mines Advisory Group is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Base Manager
About the Role
- Based in Maiduguri, Borno state, you will be responsible for setting up a base to support the new project.
- The Base Manager will have a wide range of duties and responsibilities including managing logistics, procurement, financial and administrative services and finding suitable office / guesthouse accommodation.
- As well as being security focal point you will be required to liaise with the communities and local authorities.
- You will need experience of working overseas in international aid or development, ideally in a conflict / post conflict environment, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Our ideal candidate will have a flexible and proactive approach to work who enjoys working with a multi-cultural team.
- It is essential that you are fluent in English language and knowledge of Hausa is desirable.
- You should be aware though, MAG’s areas of operations are often remote with basic amenities, so you will need to be able to live and work in challenging environments, where the need for your skills and MAG’s work is most.
- This is a varied role that will require proven experience of implementing and managing logistics, HR, administration and finance systems, including setting up a new base.
- As a security focal point in a high risk location, you will need experience of monitoring a dynamic security situation.
MAG staff are rewarded with generous benefits:
- Salary: The total salary package for these types of positions tends to be £35,868 - £39,012 per annum.
- Please Click Here to see the general information for full terms and conditions related to this.
- Accommodation: MAG will provide accommodation in-country.
- Leave: We recognise our staff work hard and need the appropriate time out to stay motivated. You'll have a minimum of six weeks out of the programme per year. As Nigeria is a hardship programme staff are also be entitled to an additional 10 days leave.
- Flights: MAG provides three international flights home per year.
- Insurance: All international staff are automatically covered by MAG's comprehensive insurance package including: Personal accident and medical expenses insurance; Death by natural causes insurance and access to 24-hour medical assistance including evacuation and repatriation.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should download the Candidate Information Pack , fill and return the Application Form in the Pack to: email@example.com
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.