Spectrum Forwarding & International Logistics Limited is a
commission agent/performing a task on behalf of the exporter/importer
routine tasks such as Loading/unloading of goods,storage of
goods,arranging local transport, obtaining payment for his Customers.
Our scope covers the area of freight forwarding and logistics services.
Job Title: Management Accountant
- Contribute to the overall success of the organisation by effectively developing, directing, reviewing and implementing financial policies, controls and strategies for the company.
- Build credibility across the organisation through a hands-on, collaborative approach by bringing commercial expertise and a forward thinking approach to financial management accounting, systems and controls.
- Daily actual cash flow reporting to Board of Directors
- Weekly and daily cash flow projections
- Writing and reviewing Company Financial Statements
- Supporting Technical Department with ad hoc analytical work
- Act as lead contact for all banking relationships and payments for our subsidiaries
- Work with internal stakeholders to assess financial status and identify methods for cost-reduction and efficiency improvements.
- Production of timely and accurate quarterly management accounts and statutory annual financial statements
- Develop financial and tax strategies in accordance with statutory regulations
- Drive continuous improvement in systems and procedures
- Support in the successful management of all accounting systems and controls
- Develop performance measures that support the company’s strategic plan
- Manage the timetable for the shipping accountants to input budgeting, forecasting and monthly reporting requirements
- Successfully coordinate the preparation of year end accounts and be the primary point of contact of the external auditors
- Continually adapt and improve management reports
- Create, develop and manage robust management accounts that provide accurate and high quality information to all stakeholders
- Effectively communicate the management accounts and reports to stakeholders to facilitate decision making
- Oversee the delivery of multiple and concurrent transformation initiatives within the finance team to support improved integration of data, accuracy and timeliness of financial reporting as well as analysis of trends
- Ensure adequate resource and deployment of existing team to meet the demands of the business
- Support the development and performance of your team members through the ongoing review of performance and KPIs
- Ensure that your team members are engaged, motivated and have the support and guidance to perform
- Review all international controls, propose and lead implementation of new and amended control procedures and processes when applicable.
- Ensure balance sheet accounts are reconciled in a timely manner and reconciling items are resolved.
- Motivate and ensure the dept is running smoothly in a fast paced, dynamic corporate environment.
- Degree in Accounting, a practicing certificate from a recognized body (ACCA, AIA, ICAEW, CPA, etc.)
- Minimum 3 years all round accounting experience, gained within an accountancy practice or with a shipping company, or in a corporate environment, with supporting academic accounting qualifications.
- Significant experience operating at a financial management level
- Experienced in Taxation – Income Tax, Corporation Tax and VAT
- Must have good skills in man-management / supervisory skills to assist in the management of the accounting team.
- In-depth knowledge of financial regulations and legislation
- An all-rounder with the ability to deal with various and complex accounting tasks within a dynamic and challenging department.
- Disciplined, organised and able to work within deadline set.
- Objective-driven approach to task in hand.
- Personal drive to succeed and an ability to priorities tasks effectively so as to meet the goals of the team within agreed deadlines;
- Strong Skills in Excel, Word and knowledge of Macros a plus
- Able to work as a member of a team, supporting colleagues and developing good working relationships;
- Attention to detail;
- Good written and verbal communication skills; an ability to communicate confidently with all levels of management and staff.
- Good interpersonal skills
Job Title: Import/Export Supervisor
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Handling all aspects of international freight movements (export by Sea, air and/or land) You will act as a conduit between our customer and carriers to ensure all needs are met within the specified delivery time, taking responsibility for monitoring progress and keeping the customer advised of the status.
- Manage Import/Export Documentation and Processes to agreed KPIs.
- The day to day monitoring of freight forwarders transporting inbound/outbound freight
- Obtaining freight quotes from suppliers and providing costs to sales teams
- Internal analysis of freight costs, identify issues, over charging and any associated corrective actions.
- Invoice checking to meet tight deadlines
- Build strategic, professional and ethical relationships with internal and external entities
- Ensure a consistently high level of service and communication by supporting Supply Chain and Customer Services to meet deadlines.
- Complete FOA documentation,
- Anticipate and plan for future changes to any current legislation.
- Review and audit import/export documentation and ensure that correct harmonized codes are being applied by the 3rd party importing agents, identify errors, taking corrective action when required.
- Complete monthly HMRC reconciliation for sign off by senior management team.
- Review and update all process documentation in Cochlear document management system.
- Maintenance of import/export country database.
- Liaise directly with carrier and customers on shipment planning and coordination
- Engage with dedicated customer on daily basis ensuring goods move as planned.
- Complete ad-hoc freight procurement
- Handle and be experienced in international documentation such as; Bill of Lading, Letters of Credit & Bills of Exchange
- Advise on or complete customs clearance
- Investigate customer queries and concerns
- Liaise directly with carriers and agents to resolve exceptions and discrepancies as they arise
- Work with suppliers and Demand Planners to ensure efficient customs procedures.
- Manage communications and relations with internal/external customers & suppliers.
- Follow relevant quality procedures in order to deliver quality products and services and identify and support the implementation of continuous improvement
- Day to day carrier management
- Any other duties as required
- 3years + experience within the Freight Forwarding Industry as an Import/Export specialist or progression to this level.
- Sound knowledge of import and export procedures. An in-depth knowledge of the complete supply chain so that you can co-ordinate effectively and liaise with vendors and departments.
- Very good understanding of day to day ocean freight operations, the principles of global supply chains and logistics operations
- Clear understanding of Practical and procedural knowledge of international documentation
- Must have a proven track record in implementing and maintaining carrier and internal shipping systems. In addition to this you will have a good understanding of the systems and electronic communication methods used to keep track of stock movements, delivery times, transport costs and performance evaluation.
- Excellent knowledge of MS excel & General knowledge of other MS office products, Outlook, powerpoint, word
- Inter-personal skills – Influencing, communication, relationship management, cultural awareness and ability to work across teams
- Desire and commitment to achieve excellence.
- Good understanding of tariff codes processes.
- Worked in freight forwarding/knowledge of 3PLs.
- Knowledge and ability to demonstrate internal and external customer management.
- Competent at using all online portals (EU/HMRC) associated with the management of imports and exports.
- Good employment history with Supervisory experience ideally
- Need to be IT literate
How to Apply
Interested candidates should send their applications via mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 09/12/2016