Nigeria Machine Tools Limited is the leading manufacturer of machine
tools, machine accessories, mechanical spares and after sales support
provider in West Africa.
Our assembly, production capabilities and plant
facilities make us the preferred provider of some of the most complex
machinery tools and varied equipment.
As part of its expansion, the company is seeking to engage the services
of resourceful and competent personnel for the position below:
Job Title: Business Development Manager
General Purpose of the Job
- We are looking for an ambitious, highly personable professional
with strong commercial acumen built upon solid technical foundation in
materials science or engineering.
- The job holder will manage across multiple stakeholder interfaces so a collaborative style is a critical success factor.
- The position is based at Lagos but significant travel will be required.
- The ideal candidate will lead the development of market
opportunities mainly within oilfield services offerings including
definition and execution of revised go-to-market strategies through the
wider NMT sales network.
- In addition the role include direct management of the highest
profile key accounts in the Nigeria Oil & Gas segment but also new
key accounts from new markets.
Specific Key Responsibilities
- Through current Oil & Gas activities and new sectors like Surface Treatment and Machining but not exclusively,
- Develop and execute strategies for multiple service product
offerings, including commercialisation of NMT Oshogbo, brand new,
state-of-the-art, surface treatment plant. Key accountability is
delivery of business plans for relevant product lines.
- Act as voice of customer in definition of new technical
offerings to the oil & gas, Surface treatment, machining sectors-
hence technical competence is a critical success factor for the role.
- Contribute to the development of strategy for all sectors
- Engage fully with marketing department to design, target and execute marketing initiatives for the Oil & Gas sector.
- Collates and interprets market intelligence report on NMT
products and services from the distributors or customers to help
management in decision making process.
- Work closely with the corporate communication department to continuously evaluate/adjust promotional and advertising programmes
- Directly manage all aspects of growth with large key accounts in
the Oil & Gas sector of NMT business and also new sectors. Key
accountabilities are delivery of sales budget and management of service
mix for these clients.
- Provide functional leadership to colleagues in account managing
the next tier of large customers through the distributed Oil and Gas
Sales executive network.
- Collaborate with technical colleagues to understand requirements
of complex customer projects and in developing both commercial and
technical solutions to meet their testing needs.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or industrial Engineering or equivalent or related field.
- MBA and any other professional qualification in relevant discipline will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 12 years working experience in business development
in a structured environment with three of those on a senior management
Knowledge/Skills and Personal Qualities
- High level of technical competence in material science or
relevant engineering academic background, supported by previous
industrial experience in technical positions.
- A sophisticated communicator and comfortable operating in a
matrix structure requiring a range of styles, including managing through
- Experience of major bids and tenders highly desirable, including contract preparation and negotiation.
- Sector or industry experience desirable.
- Technical corrosion experience would be particularly valuable.
- Ability to travel long distance within the country and abroad.
- Proficiency in the use of the computer, particularly the Microsoft Office Suites.
- A significant experience in Product Management of technical
complex offerings where you can demonstrate a track record of both sales
growth and portfolio development.
- An excellent manager of multilevel client relationships and have previous experience in sales or business development capacity.
- Have a clear grasp on the distinction between strategic planning
and technical execution, with a track record of success in both.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume in an
attachment and state the position as the subject of their email to: email@example.com
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application Deadline 25th November, 2016.