The Nigerian Conservation Foundation (NCF) with support from Chevron
Nigeria Limited offers research grants to Nigerian citizens wishing to
undertake research work in fields related to
nature conservation and
sustainable livelihood. The grant shall be to support a PhD programme.
Applications are hereby invited for:
Chief S.L. Edu Research Grant 2016
- Candidates must be Nigerian citizens.
- Candidates must have M.Sc. Degree or equivalent qualification in
Biological Sciences, Social Sciences or Law (Environmental
Law/Protection) but related to environmental resources management.
- Candidates must have secured admission into a Nigerian
university towards a PhD degree in any of the fields stated in No. 2
- Candidates must develop acceptable research proposals that meet NCF’s vision and mission.
- Proposals must have correlation with local and national environmental conservation challenges and issues.
- A progress report (on letter head paper) from the applicant’s
Project Supervisor(s) stating how far he or she has gone in his or her
research work and his/her role in the initial review, as well as the
relevance to the objectives of the grant is a very essential condition
for considering any application. Please note that a reference letter is
an equivalent of a Progress Report from the Supervisors(s).
- 200-word justification, with relevance to natural and environmental resource management and biodiversity conservation.
- A 3,000-word project proposal to be submitted should reflect the
Title, Introduction/Statement of Problem, Objectives, Methodology and
Expected Output etc.
- Curriculum vitae (not more than 2 pages detailing research and work experience).
- Scanned copy of admission letter.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- No paper application will be considered.
- Applicants should not submit more than one proposal for consideration.
- Candidates will be selected based on (among others) the quality of their research proposal.
- Please be informed that all applications will be acknowledged
while only successful candidates will be contacted by the foundation.
Application Deadline 9th December. 2016.