27 Nov 2016
Nursing Vacancy at The American University of Nigeria
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 11/27/2016 09:05:00 pm Tags: Adamawa State , American University of Nigeria , Nursing Jobs
The American University of Nigeria (AUN) is seeking for a permanent Nurse. This position is a local one and opens to indigenous and/or legal residents of Nigeria
JOB TITLE: Nurse
SUMMARY OF POSITION:The Nurses at the AUN Clinic shall work with the team at the clinic directly under the Chief Administrator AUN Clinic to provide clinical and medical support for the doctor and to the patients at the AUN Clinic to ensure the Health & Wellness of students and all other members of the AUN Community. This is a full time position.
DETAILED LISTING OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the AUN Clinic team in performing their duties as required
- Provide Clinical Care to Students/staff/faculty
- Being available to provide first aid to patients
- Provide quality outpatient and inpatient care
- Perform medical testing for patients as directed by the supervisor
- Support campus wellness and health promotion mission by providing periodic training and awareness on Health & Wellness and Lifestyle issues to the AUN Community
- Administer IV, medication and treatment
- Attend Seminars to continue professional development
- Help provide consultation to groups as requested
- Educates patients on wellness, prevention and early detection by providing materials and resources to the patients and families
- Issues medical treatment and clinical drugs to patients as prescribed by the Physician
- Documents all services in patient medical file history
- Participates in quality improvement, management, continuing education, and other patient care programs established by the University
- Perform other duties as assigned by Resident Physician
Requirements for the position:
- Nursing Certificate
- Valid License to practice/Nursing registration
- One to three years of direct work experience
- Basic Nursing Ethic
- Ability to undertake self-directed tasks when necessary.
- Flexible with time.
- Ability to learn
- Attention to detail.
- Capacity to prioritize by assessing situations to determine urgency.
Other requirements, abilities for the position:
- Skill in developing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy and confidentiality.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply professional medical principles, procedures, and techniques
- Knowledge of pharmacological agents used in patient treatment
- Effective verbal and written communication skills along with proper telephone etiquette
- Tactfulness and professionalism
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and job classification as approved by the University.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their Resumes, Cover letters and references to: email@example.com before the closing date stated above. The position being applied for should be the subject of the email.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 4th December, 2016
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.