8 Nov 2016
Oil and Gas Job for a Senior Contracts Engineer - Drilling & Completion
by Jobzilla Nigeria at 11/08/2016 05:04:00 pm Tags: Engineering Jobs , Lagos Jobs , Oil and Gas Jobs
Logistics Support, Drilling Operations and Consultancy Services, On/OffShore Catering Services, Drilling Rigs & Drilling Bits and Procurement Services to the Oil & Gas Industry. IP security services.
Hobark International Limited is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Senior Contracts Engineer - Drilling & Completion
Req ID: Req-1046
The job holder executes the following contracts activities:
- Prepare and maintain an up-to-date list of qualified contractors/suppliers/potential tenders/contracts with updated information in order to perform market studies;
- Analyze and assess all possible answers from the market
- Participate to the validation of the contracts strategy through:
- Arranging and attending Contracts Committee Meetings
- Pre-qualifying bidders
- Defining target prices
- Defining criteria for evaluation
- Supervise the creation of CFT commercial documents:
- Supervise the preparation and issue of the call for tender to contractors and suppliers on the bidders list
- Ensure the preparation and send out the dossiers of pre-consultation and Standard or Complex invitations to bid
- Verify the alignment with HSE clauses, Company rules, Procedures, Instructions and applicable legislation when issuing all technical contracts and when drafting contractual and commercial terms and conditions
- Verify the Terms & Conditions (standard, general and financial)
- Supervise the establishment of the technical contracts and contractual agreements, directly participate to the most complex contracts
- Conduct the Terms & Conditions bid analysis and negotiation
- Conduct the commercial bid analysis and negotiation thereby creating a clear definition of responsibilities and documents together with the DUET
- Ensure the handover of contracts to the Métier Partner
- Assist the head of contracts in the settlement of claims and lawsuits, in relation with the Juridical, Insurance, Finance and OPS/CA Directors by proposing strategies and actions and participating to the negotiations
- Monitor contractor’s performance with Duet, promoting and attending service quality meetings, claims, amendments and contract renewal discussions with contractor and manage and maintain a network with Stakeholders such as NAPIMS, NCD, Department of Petroleum Resources, etc
- Participate in Recommendation to award (RTA) through contract committee/DOA and award validation where he/she evaluates RTAs
- Handle the approval from authorities and partners, clarification of rights and obligation of signing parties and the signature process of formal documents
- Ensures that own contracts are created and managed in UNISUP and CONTIKI, ensure effective use of tools and systems (Ariba, NIPEX, REX+, CONTIKI.) for optimum productivity.
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences
- A background in drilling and Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Up to 12 years experience in oil well construction activities of which 5 should be in contract administration.
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
- BSc, Completions Engineer, Drilling Engineer, Drilling Operations, Engineering, EPC
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidate should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.