The GIG group (God is Good Motors) is a holding company for a number of subsidiaries with
interests in key sectors of Nigeria’s economy. As a Management outpost,
it synthesizes the managerial and strategic needs of the
subsidiaries, drives the vision and positions the firms for
The group believes that Nigeria, in spite of its seeming
vulnerabilities, holds the greatest market potential for any perceptive
investor. Our group is, therefore, motivated to continually scout for
new opportunities and developing same into very profitable entities.
God is Good Motors is recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Operations Manager (Courier & Logistics)
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
- The Operations Manager will be responsible for the
implementation of business measures and strategies related to GIG
Logistics business drive.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Developing and implementing required procedures and policies in
order to continuously improve operational efficiency in GIG Logistics
& courier service
- Financial responsibility for revenue growth, cost control, debt
collection and overall responsibility for budgetary deliverable in GIG
Logistics & courier operations
- Oversee management of the various operational zones including
resource deployment and Customer liaison to ensure that services being
delivered by the operations team meet the required standards and taking
necessary corrective action where necessary
- Ensuring proper resource utilization and rationalization
including human resource and fleet in conjunction with the fleet manager
- Maintain operation data on daily and monthly transaction for management decision as and when required
- To manage, measure, review and take corrective action in order
to ensure that inbound & outbound service quality meets customer
requirements and Group standards.
- To ensure all pick-ups are performed on time to meet committed service standards and the documentation is correct.
- To ensure costs are regularly reviewed against agreed budget targets.
- Participation in budgeting and budget implementation process for the courier services business
- To organize the operational structure, procedures and resources
and ensure effective sourcing, induction, training and development of
operational staff in order to optimize the performance of people.
- To motivate employees to achieve objectives and increase their job satisfaction.
- To encourage and develop new ideas for procedures and systems in
order to continuously improve the ability of the operational system to
promote service to customers.
- To ensure timely and accurate communication of information which affects service quality.
- To manage and ensure strict compliance of security procedures and regulations for Road and Air operations.
- Market intelligence gathering through monitoring competitor
activities, generation and analysis of reports pertaining to the same
- Responsibility for monthly management review actual against target with direct reports, Logistics Director and CEO
- Ensuring that operational procedures are in place to ensure safe
collection and dispatch of customer’s items and maintenance of data and
- Ensuring service levels in terms of delivery and collection are met through monitoring of service levels returns
- To manage and control costs whilst ensuring that operational service standards are continuously met in order to achieve budgets.
The ideal candidate:
- Minimum of 5 years combined Operations and General Management
experience ideally served managing a direct Express, Courier, freight
forwarding / international courier / delivery or B2B oriented business
- Excellent people management and team leadership skills within a dynamic environment
- Strong operations analytical skills and ability to simplify the complex and continuously identify new opportunities
- Previous experience in people management is essential
- An excellent communicator
- Highly flexible and adaptable and keen to work in a different cultural and social environment
- Your email
- At least 5 years’ relevant experience senior operational management role.
- Those with previous experience in Courier Operations will have a distinct advantage
- Must be commercially aware with a passion for customer service and delivery with very strict timelines
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 22nd November, 2016.