15 Nov 2016
Operations Manager Job in an Outdoor Advertising Company
JCDecaux is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Operations Manager
Key Responsibilities & Functions
- Establish, manage and develop effective and efficient operational teams, including contractors, in line with budgetary targets, to ensure we are delivering a best in class performance, providing our commercial teams with an operational competitive advantage; providing our media clients with a compelling reason to continue to buy JCDecaux products and services.
- Defining processes, procedures and use of systems to ensure we are managing all data in accordance with Group guidelines.
- Driving competitive pricing throughout the supply chain to deliver best value at all times. Defining and driving operational standards and ensuring both in-house employees and contractors are adequately trained to deliver quality and health & safety compliance.
- To deliver outdoor advertising opportunities to advertisers, that promotes and enforces brand positioning for the advertiser, that at the same time, is economically viable to supply and develop, and delivers an acceptable return on investment.
- To build and maintain loyalty between the advertiser and JCDecaux through innovative technology, high quality standards and professional service level.
- Manage on a monthly basis the operational performance of planned and reactive maintenance against contractual and internal KPIs, especially cleanliness of assets (particularly digital), site presentation, branding, illumination, painting, mechanical repairs, digital quality, poster presentation, printing quality.
- Manage posting performance to ensure on time and right first time targets are met (in line with Group guidelines)
- Manage printing performance to ensure on time and right first time targets are met (in line with Group guidelines)
- Define SLA and KPIs for printers and in-house/subcontractor flighting teams.
- Review in conjunction with Group Flighting and Production Manager all production and flighting rates to ensure we are delivering best value.
- Review in-house v subcontractors for best value on an annual basis.
- Review reactive performance against landlords and advertising sales complaints and escalate to COO where required: target is same day/24hrs.
- Manage Health & Safety action plans on a monthly basis.
- Manage quarterly Health & Safety committee.
- Manage monthly stock checks and records of plant/PPE/tools receipt by employees.
- Manage digital spare parts repair within and out of warranty to Group processes.
- Manage cleanliness and orderliness of employees, vehicles, depots and storage to Group standards.
- Manage people, vehicle, asset quality, electrical, mechanical and structural & safety inspection action plans.
- Review operational flexibility to ensure, within reason, changing demands from both landlords and advertising clients can be met.
- Review all advertising credits due to operational performance and agree action plans to prevent re-occurrence.
- Monitor and manage any obstructions to our assets, liaising with Development where landlord engagement is required.
- Work closely with local Development teams on new product development and services to ensure the asset base evolves in line with landlord partners and advertising clients’ expectations: support the creation of new contractual opportunities through JCDecaux’s product/service global expertise.
- Manage all capex projects to ensure product delivery and on site works are on time, to standard, safe and in-charge dates and cost targets are met.
- Capability to adapt the limitations of local materials to JCDecaux standards
- Grow local supply chain to reduce reliance on SA and imports.
- Grow engagement and revenues in digital content creation – support from Head Office.
- Review all operational costs on a monthly basis.
- Liaise with COO for any operational support and guidance, escalating any major issues with immediate effect.
- Ensure all data management processes follow Group guidelines.
- Feedback ideas for system/process evolution.
- Establish effective waste mgt systems, recycling where possible.
- Treat all expenditure as if it was your own.
- Review and approve all purchase orders in line with Head Office processes.
- Ensure sales networks, in-charge dates and change of design requests are in line with agreed operational resources and cost forecasts: optimise this area – find the best balance.
- Support ‘Activations’ across country.
- Avoid blank panels where possible using voidage agreements or other local initiatives without reducing profitability – work with Sales.
- Approve all recruitment and salaries in line with Head Office processes.
- Produce monthly Operations report, in conjunction with the General Manager and review with COO Sub Saharan Africa.
- Ensure quarterly KPA reviews are conducted, recorded and ‘smart’ objectives agreed.
- Review all job descriptions annually.
- Identify personal development programmes to assist in the retention of key employees.
- Conduct monthly team meetings.
- To facilitate strong communication links between all stakeholders
- To provide strong management control over all business disciplines – sales, marketing, operations, development, finance and human resources, as well as to call upon additional Group resources where and when they may be required to assist and support the entire business-delivery process
- To implement and manage the appropriate and necessary processes, IT systems, strategies, action- plans and controls required, to improving general operational and management delivery as well as to fully achieve all stated business objectives and budget targets.
- To build loyalty with our staff that provides them with job security, peace of mind, the opportunity to grow and develop as individuals within the Branch, the Division, or the Group, and furthermore, to reward them appropriately on a performance driven basis through standard and incentivised remuneration.
- To build our brand, across the division, that enforces our product as the best available, ably and solidly supported, by the largest “out-of-home” Media Group, in the world
- Strong interpersonal skills across a broad spectrum, ranging from negotiation, communication, mentoring and essential leadership requirements
- Easy adaptation to differing cultural and language barriers, relative to each market within country.
- A “stand-alone” entrepreneur, with confident ability to lead others, to make the right decisions and to deliver what is best for both the advertiser and our shareholders
- Someone who is passionately driven by a personal desire to succeed and be rewarded for delivered success
- A person wanting a professional career and not just a short-term solution to a career problem or career change
- Someone who has a genuine interest in the varied opportunities that Africa provides as well as a desire to travel and experience life in a broader-scope than is typically the ‘norm’
- Strong and proficient administrative skills across all business disciplines as well as a methodical, disciplined and accurate reporting approach to all business requirements
- Excellent client-service and selling skills, with an affinity and ability towards listening to what our client’s needs and requirements are at all times
- A presentable and tidy appearance at all times, reflecting a high level of professionalism, integrity and interest levels in full accordance with the seniority of the position
- The ability to deal with a multitude of diverse challenges requiring a strong and calm attitude to being able to logically cope with these pressures and frustrations that at times arises and which may frustrate ‘normal’ business practice
- Achieve operational budgets
- Deliver maintenance programmes on time, to standard and within cost forecasts
- Quality of assets
- Health & Safety
- Retain key staff
- Deliver posting and production on time, to standard and within cost forecasts
- Deliver new installations on time, to standard and within capex forecast
- Must have at least 5 years operational management experience
- University engineering graduate or equivalent (technical subject)
- Previous experience in Africa would be advantageous
- Preference will be given to citizens of the country
- Must be proficient in local language (written and oral)
- Must be proficient in English (written and oral)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
You can also join our interactive and interesting JobZilla BBM Channel by clicking C00299C49.